Any interest in a swap of red FQs? Fabric arriving!

I would love to piece a two color quilt. Any interest in an all-red fabric swap? I have whites, creams, and other neutrals--but need a nice variety of reds for the quilt I dream about.

I'd like to do fat quarters, since Oma's Asian fabric swap was so successful (thanks Oma!).

For every group (10 spots) we'll need 2 1/2 yards of the same fabric cut into 10 FQs. Any red from tomato to burgundy, any small print as long as it reads predominantly red, any style (modern, traditional, floral).   Please, no pinks, no coral, no orange-y---think about the red and white quilts from years ago.

Rules--This will be a quick one---three week deadline from initial sign-up until fabric is received by me. International OK as long as it gets here by the deadline and international return postage will be handled through PayPal.

Postage must be included if you're in the US. A return envelope is necessary. Quilt shop quality fabric only. Don't join unless you know you'll be able to participate. Don't pre-wash unless you have some already washed in your stash. 

We'll start a thread about how to keep the reds from bleeding when we get the fabrics!!  ;)

I'll be setting up in groups of 10. If you want two places, you'll send two different fabrics. Three spots need three fabrics, etc. No more than three groups (30 spots) since more than that might make my head explode... :D

Who's wants to join the fun? 

link to video of red and white quilts at Houston

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

List of participants--Yay!  ( I'm rearranging people to keep the totals correct.)The groups are filled and now closed. If anyone wants to be on a waiting list I'll keep you in mind in case of dropouts. Thanks everybody!

Group 1

Sylvia S (2)--bundle arrived

Linda R (2)--bundle arrived

Betty Ann--bundle arrived

Saundra S (3)--bundle arrived

Oma (2)--bundle arrived

(Filled)

Group 2

Joan TX (2)--bundle arrived

Sue (2)--bundle arrived

Lynn--bundle arrived

Janice

Tonilyn (2)--bundle arrived

Peggy--bundle arrived

Debbie--bundle arrived

(Filled)

Group 3

Heidi P (2)--bundle arrived

Corey (2)--bundle arrived

Joan Oregon (2)

Meg (2)

Vickie (2)

I would like to join with 3 slots.  Is it possible to get 30 different fat quarters?

Yes! Buy 2 1/2 yards each of three different reds. Cut each of them into 10 FQS. Send them to me and I'll magically turn them into 30 different red fat quarters!   :D

Oh what fun.

But  I have a ton of red and white fabric and working on two projects with it. So I can't add to the tower of fabric.  iF I were finished I could donate it and Linda could divide it up. Better go get busy!!!! 

Everyone be sure to share your eye candy when you finish your red and white or other color project. I want to SEE!!!

Archived