Any interest in a swap of red FQs? Fabric arriving!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The groups filled fast and the swap is now closed!

You can send your FQs whenever you're ready!

The deadline for me to receive them is April 28th. I know I said three weeks, but a couple of swappers needed more time.  :)

Helpful hints--

Put your FQ bundle(s) in a waterproof bag unless the envelope is waterproof. 

Include return postage. Cash or a check is fine. If you need to, you can arrange with me to reimburse using PayPal.

Include an addressed return envelope. I will be using the USPS to mail them back. 

My address is  2713 Wiggins Rd Olympia WA 98501

This will be fun and thanks for participating!

I'll do one or two slots if you still have space available. Just let me know.

Sorry Debbie, the swap closed--unless someone wants to give you one of their spots. I'll put you on the waiting list if that's OK. :unsure:

Tonilyn gave Debbie one of her spots.

I just put my fabric in the mail at the post office. They would not let me prepay for the other envelope because the weight was over 12 oz. It would have to be taken to the post office and stamped or metered to be mailed. I will pay you the return postage by PayPal . Did anyone else have this problem?

Sorry Linda for the extra work!

No problems, Betty Ann. :)  PayPal is fine for return postage. When I sent my double FQs to Oma's Asian swap. I had cash ready and I left the envelope unsealed (if you use a box this won't work). I told the clerk I needed to include the  return postage and laid the cash in a card on top when she weighed it. Then we sealed it in the envelope. Whatever works will be fine. Just make sure I have your email address so I can send a PayPal invoice. Thanks and I guess I start watching for bundles!! Yay!

Mine went in the mail today - double (20) fat quarters. I used a padded priority envelope for both. Around here they have the padded priority envelopes behind the counter and you have to ask for them. It was $6.10 each way because the weight was over 13 oz. Doing the online calculations on usps.com it appeared cheaper to do it this way than regular standard mail. 10 fat quarters would be, of course, less $ to mail. The envelope will need to be taken to the post office and given to a postal employee - no need to stand in line I was told since it is already stamped.

I mailed mine today...you should have them on Monday.  I put a card in with them and forgot to write anything on it.  I remembered to put money in it and a flat rate envelope addressed to me.  My brain still isn't functioning on all cylinders.  :D  I'm still feeling pretty crappy for the most part.  Hgb hovering around 9.9.  That's enough to keep me alive, but not give me any energy for anything else it seems.  I was enjoying my time in my room cutting fat quarters and watching tv then Mike and the kid came home.  I'm going to go sit in my chair and try to just breathe and blink...maybe both...lol.  Looking forward to our FQ's and the pic of your quilt from the Asian swap.

Oma, did you get a ferritin and iron panel for that low hemoglobin? And also check your B vitamin levels? I'm battling anemia and it's been a long, tired road. I didn't realize I was taking the wrong B vitamins (I guess they call it pernicious anemia when your body doesn't absorb B in your gut?). I hope you feel better soon.

My guy wouldn't let me put the cash in when I asked. the prepaid envelope was something about terrorist and I had to sign it wasn't liquid and explosive even though the fabric was laid on top. Told him it was the exact same thing coming back just different colors. Who knows? Cost about $10 to ship, but I do have a tracking number. Must be a east coast thing.

Will take most of the week to get there.

But it's done.

I'm beginning to look forward to my red swaps getting here.  I have a few ideas.  What do you think?  I've been wanting to do a Winding Way one like this for a long time.  I bought the Studio die forever ago to cut it.  I think I have plenty enough neutrals.  Fun to think about it.  Thanks Linda.

I wish I could have participated in this! I just couldn't manage it right now with the demands of my day job.

Oma, your idea photos are wonderful. I really like the winding ways quilt with the tans and neutrals paired with the reds! That one is right up my alley. :wub:

Ya'll please post photos when you get your fabric back. At least that way I can drool over the beautiful fabrics!!

Archived