Whole cloth wall hanging

A few years ago (actually 2012) I went to Sparrow Studioz in Edmonton, Alberta to take some classes from the amazing Claudia Pfeil.  One of the classes was stencilling out a whole cloth on a 40 x 40 piece of muslin . . . I had never done that kind of thing before.  As often happens, I got home from the classes with all good intentions, but the beginning of this wall hanging got folded ever so neatly and placed in the "bin" - you know, the one we all have of projects to get to later . . . This spring, I was inspired by seeing a few other quilters work, and pulled out that piece of muslin, finished marking on it and put it on my Freeda - here is the result.  Is it perfect?  far from it but I'm happy with the result - still trying to decide whether to add some color, bling, or just leave it white on white.  I'll bind it and worry about that later.  (2 layers of batt - Hobbs 80/20, Hobbs Wool - such great definition!)  I was already looking at a silk/cotton blend today for my next attempt :rolleyes:

post-4097-0-86053500-1429563759_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-04497400-1429563890_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-65282200-1429563950_thumb.jpg

Since you're already planning a second quilt, I would go ahead and color this one.  That way, you would know if it's something you'd like to do on another quilt.  It looks like this is a good class to take, because you've done a marvelous job.

Terrific quilting.. I'd keep that one just the way it is, with marks washed  out, of course. lol

It's a beautiful piece to keep and show off.. you deserve some pats on the back, etc.

Welcome to the forum, hop you stay around and have fun.

Archived