This was for a first time customer.   She started this quilt 8 years ago as a new quilter and wanted it quilted the same way as it was in the picture.  I added the 1/4 inch lines because they looked nicer.  Linda Rech gave me a great tip on thread choice.  The last pink/green quilt I did, I used a matching green.  When I did straight lines through the green and pink, I didn't like the green on the pink.  Linda suggested I lay out some neutrals and choose a color that blends well with both.  So I used BL taupe for the SID.  The rest of the colors were So Fine.  She wanted Dream puff for the batting.  It took a blue ribbon in her local guild and those members voted it the quilt they liked best.

16675138653_6afe224375.jpgChrysalis Star (5) by LibbyG7, on Flickr

17294907961_083bc6c370.jpgChrysalis Star (11) by LibbyG7, on Flickr

17295382635_d81688d0ac.jpgChrysalis Star (6) by LibbyG7, on Flickr

17107821140_8a6d10ccd3.jpgchrysalis star by LibbyG7, on Flickr

Thank you for the beautiful comments.  I really rely on  the wonderful quilters on this forum for inspiration.  Debbie, you can copy any idea you see that I quilt.  I've probably copied it from someone else.  I think this is basically the way it was done on the pattern, because the customer requested it this way.  I just added the 1/4 inch away because it looked more finished.