Bliss arrived yesterday

That came fast.  I ordered it on 4/30 and it arrived exactly one week later.  The only day this month I had something scheduled and wasn't going to be home was Thursday so of course that's the day they scheduled delivery of my Bliss and his motorcycle seat. AACCCKKKK!!!   Isn't that how it always works?  My husband kept trying to get me to start getting it all together, but I wanted to wait. I think Sunday will be a good day.  

I had to have a colonoscopy done Thursday morning.  My first.  AACCCKKK!!  First of all...it was all good results.  No problems.  Yay!  Second of all, I had it done without sedation.  AAACCCKKKK!!!  I have sleep apnea so bad that I was afraid I would stop breathing.  I was more afraid of that than any discomfort I might feel.  The doctor finally agreed to just give me a very small amount of Versed to relax me a little, but I would be awake and alert for the whole procedure.  I watched on a screen.  I would say it was interesting, but being a nurse I have seen a few of these.  Not so interesting, although, it is more interesting when it's your own body.  It wasn't overly painful...more so a little discomfort at times.  Recovery was a breeze.  Came out of the OR and said "Where's my clothes...I'm hungry!".  lol. 

My husband said I didn't want to be sedated so I wouldn't be groggy all day because I wanted to put my Bliss on.  He was wrong.  lol.  I've printed out the instructions and I should be posting a pic in a few days.

Sue, that's what I thought, but they told me I couldn't bring it with me.  Go figure.  I told them that was fine, but no one was putting me to sleep unless it was an anesthesiologist.  I sure had great nurses.  All of them from the front door to the exit door of the surgical center.  That went a long way to lessening my fears.  I think surgeries and procedures are a little harder on patients who are nurses and doctors because we know what can go wrong.   

I found the prep for the procedure way worse than the actual procedure............I was put under, so don't remember a thing about that.........I had to do the same prep a couple weeks ago to prepare for my hysterectomy.........again, prep worse than the surgery.....that and the gas & bloating for days after.............UGH!

You will LOVE Bliss.   I am so glad I got it.   I'm anxious to get back to quilting as soon as I feel comfy navigating up and down the steps again.  Maybe next week !

Linda, they have a little easier prep now than the old "Go Lightly" nonsense in the past.  I used to laugh when I would give that to patients to take home and tell them to not be fooled...there would be nothing going lightly about it.  Stay within 10 feet of a bathroom and clear your schedule for the day.  Some nurse gave the prep to my sister and told her to start it right away and sure she could go back to work.  She worked in an office 50 miles from her home.  Good thing she stopped by to have lunch with me while she was at the hospital picking up her prep.  I told her to go straight home and stay there....lol.  Afterwards she thanked me and asked me why that nurse would tell her that.  I said because she was either stupid or mean.  The new prep is pretty gentle, but you do have to drink 48 oz. of water within an hour two different times.  Not hard for me because I drink a lot of water any way.  The first 16 oz. is diluted with the prep which is pretty icky tasting, but drink it fast and put a dab of mustard on your tongue afterwards to get rid of the aftertaste.  Some doctors are stuck in a routine and order the same old stuff they've always ordered for preps so check it out and see if there isn't a better way then ask for it.

We're going to install my Bliss tomorrow morning...yay!  I have plans for today and I never like to go anywhere on a holiday so this is perfect.  I'm excited.

Archived