Horizontal movement of carriage of 2007 Millie very stiff around center of 14' table

Recently my beloved 2007 Millie, running smoothly on a 14' table, began to react suddenly, very stiffly, around the center of the table.  It's like going from power steering to no power steering.  No way can I do any decent freehand stitching.  The table is level front to back and side to side.  Vertical movement is perfect.  Any help will be appreciated!

Have you checked the center supports?  It could be that the bolts that counteract the sag in the middle need to be adjusted.  What type of wheels do you have?  A bad wheel bearing would be dragging along the whole length of the table and not in just the center.  (I know because I've had that issue in the past).

Jane

It looks like we have a couple of people with a similar problem.  Recently my machine was getting stiff moving side to side and causing obstruction errors with the IQ.  It seemed to be worse  where the cross tubes were.  I took a good look at my M&M wheels and noticed the inside of the wheel was riding on the table.  I tried but couldn't adjust them to get that little air space between the inside of the wheel and the table top (they have worn out I think).  So contrary to the APQS instructions I turned them upside down and have been quilting just fine for about a month now.  I am waiting for this to bite me in the butt.  I think my wheels have probably done 200 or more quilts.

Nigel

Archived