About the show... MQS

I am getting ready to mail my entry for MQS, and my quilt unquilted is 73X73. It's really not very large, or so I thought. The requirement for almost all the categories is less than 480" perimiter. But honestly, it sure seemed to me that many of the quilts were larger than that. Scarlet Serenade, Best of Show, surely must have been larger than that.

Should I just put it in the miscellaneous category? I know I will loose an inch or two with the quilting, but not enough to count on....

Any ideas???

Math at bedtime? Math at any time? I simply tell DH what I want to do and how big I want it and he does the rest!! LUV him!! I used to tutor in the scholl district and my assigned kids would say to the new kids "Don't bring Miss Patty math - she gets in a real bad mood" LOL !! You see as a tutor I was not always in the classroom to hear the the first set of directions!! Times and lessons have changed over the years and the kids were completley unable to recall the lessons!

Patty

I give my math equations to my DH too...I call him my walking calculator. He is too smart sometimes, ;) . My life story is I failed math in high school and had to go to Math 1A (can't believe I'm telling you all this), then I got a job in a BANK!! Twice!! I work for Commerce Bank for 9 years and CitiBank for 5 years. That cracks my mom up!!

Hi Caron and all,

Math is not the best subject for many quilters! It's ok, we just want to see those entry forms........

AND on that note.......I wanted to let you all know that the deadline for the entries has been extended to April 18, 2007

Entry forms are available on-line at http://www.imqa.org and is located in the MQS 2007 Registration link under Quilt Show.

Also don't forget to enter your garments in the Fashion Show as well as the quilt show competition. We want to see you strut your stuff!!

Due to an error in the entry instructions we will allow the following entries per person:

3 Quilted items

3 Miscellaneous

3 Wearables

3 Bread and Butter

3 Miniatures

for a total of 15 items per person.

Get those forms in the mail to me....I know you have quilts out there cause I see them pictured here on the forum. Now lets see those entry forms . Also, if you haven't already signed up for classes, you can do that on-line. We have over 150 classes on many topics. The classes that are full are also posted on line and I'm trying to keep it up-to-date.

If you have any questions, contact me at the toll-free number

1-800-980-9505.

Carol Wiles

IMQA Office Manager

IMQA Membership Director

MQS Quilt Director

finalstitch@yahoo.com

I wish I had known about the deadline sooner, it would have saved me $80 :( the post office no longer offer the service I used to use so I had to courier my entries. On the other hand they are at least there.

Ferret

PS. the reason I didn't know is I was rushing to the post office at the last minute on the day this was posted :)

Archived