Wheels and Casters

Morning Ladies and Gents;

I did a search for wheels and casters but came up empty. Is there some type of locking wheels on your LA to be able to move it, table & all?

Please let me know if it is a good idea or not.

My reason? The room where my freedom went is just about 1' too narrow to make it comfortable getting behind it. I can do it, but it is not comfortable.

If I could move it out from the wall for the small amount of time I think I'll spend at the back it would be better. I do have concerns about the table staying level if I move it.

What do you think?

thanks in advance

bobbi

We do have locking casters available for our machines through the factory - they are $30 each or $120 for a full set - if you have an older style table (with square tubing for legs) you will also have to purchase caster mounts that are $7.50 each or $30 for a full set. The casters do add about 4.5" to the table height, so if table height is already an issue for you, you may want to find another option....please call us at the factory if you have any other questions!!

When I purchased my machine in 2005 APQS said that they carried them, but that I could also buy them at Home Depot for 1/2 the price of what they charged. So I got mine at Home Depot, they are the tri-pod castors and you will need 4 of them...your machine/table just sits on top of them. Love them and have had no problems with them.

Joann

Amy, Sandra, Joann

Thanks for quick answers.

Room is 10' front to back and 20' long. So I almost have enoigh room. Maybe i can just move it away from the back wall 8-12" but I hate to lose the space permanently so it would b great to be able to move it back & forth.

Depending on th level question I now know where to get them. Thank you all so much. Again

bobbi

About the wheels...I guess they have a lock on them to keep them from rolling?? Or is the table heavy enough that it is not an issue. I was thinking of putting them under my machine for the same reason but DH thought it was a bad idea...guess I need to wait till turkey season when he is out of town to put wheels under my table :P

Hi Mary Beth

I also bought the tri wheel casters from the home depot to put under my previous Grace Frame cuse I had carpet in the room. I since sold the grace frame, put laminate flooring in my living room and have my new APQS table set up in there. I put a double layer of warm & natural batting under each leg and it slides like a charm without scratching the floor.

I think that when my studio get build I'll use laminate flooring as well, its clean, smooth and looks nice.....the casters dont have locks on them but they are fairly low and the weight of the machine/table will keep everything where you put it.

Geogene,

They were individually wrapped in plastic bags. I found them in the section with wheel casters. I think the four of them came to something like $30 but I can't remember for sure. I think they are called piano dollies. Each one had three little wheels and was triangle shaped. They don't lock but I must not lean against the beast because it hasn't been a problem for me.

Hope that helps.

Gail

I'm gonna get me some of those furniture sliders for my longarm. Sounds like just what I need. And cheaper than the casters.

Besides, I was told that the casters wouldn't work well with the hydraulic lift.

So now I need to find those sliders. Wal-Mart or Lowes maybe?

Archived