What's In A Name?

Just got back from Hancock Fabrics which is just a few minutes from my house.  Lady was checking me out at the counter and saw I was buying batting and fabric.  She asked, "do you do your own quilting also?"  I said,  "yes, I do it all from piecing to the quilting."  I showed her some pics of some of the quilts I've done.

She asked if I quilted for others.  She and her sister just finished taking a quilting class and they almost have their quilt tops ready and need someone to quilt them.  She said we don't want custom quilting....just some edge to edge quilting on them.

(So I thought what the heck!!!  I'm having too many people ask me if I quilt for others.)  Sure I can do edge to edge for you.  She wanted to know if I provided the batting and backing or would it be best for them to provide it.  I told them that if I got the backing and batting I would have to charge for my time in selecting all of it and picking it up so if they wanted to save money they needed to provide it.  (Right now I just want to do the quilting since I don't have any supplies.)

So she asked for a business card which I don't have yet so I gave her my name and number. 

I've been checking on setting up a business but haven't finalized anything yet.  Need to go to Harris County Clerk of Court for more info.

So I need a name.  Need suggestions.  Here are a couple my wife and I came up with.  What Say Ye?  (Don't worry about hurting my feelings)

And yes I know all names have to be checked out to make sure none are being used now by others.

1.  Quilters Garage-Longarm Quilting Service     (Is that not a manly name?)

(Since I converted my garage into my quilting room and you take a car into a garage to have it fixed you can bring your quilt to me in my quilting garage to quilt it.....of course this part wouldn't go on the card)

2.  Quilters Finishing Touches (My wife's suggestion)

So far that's all we've got...I'm really no good at things like this.

David

David's Longarm Quilting seems fine to me.  Short and sweet and to the point.

I could change my user name to:    dlq-deh   (Then I'm sure I could quilt like Linda.  LOL)

Thanks kindly everybody.

David

I decided to go with David's Longarm Quilting.  My wife says Quilter's Garage sounds like I might have greasy hands like in a real car garage and some people wouldn't want to leave their quilts with me.  haha.

David's Longarm Quilting

Let Me Turn Your Quilt Into A Treasure

David

When I owned my quilt shop I had a fascinating name as did my competitors. Nobody used our business names; they all said I bought it at Lisa's; or Becky's or Velma's! Some would also ask me; now which store name is yours?  You can't go wrong with David's Longarm Quilting!

Archived