What color thread?

The customer wanted white. I explained that it would disappear in the white parts and stand out like crazy in the blue parts.  Now she is thinking light to medium blue.  Any suggestions?  I have very light blue, medium blue, dark blue, bright blue.  The backing fabric is medium blue, so that is what color bobbins I will be using.

post-1022-0-48581000-1434054347_thumb.jpg

I never do different colors top and bottom. I would use a light gray for both top and bottom. No tension headaches means more profit. The light gray in something like bottom line on the back will virtually disappear.

i've used the titanium on many red/white/blue quilts, using a blue or grey bobbin thread depending on the quilt backing with great success.  Knocking on wood, top/bobbin tension hasn't been an issue.  Love my millennium!  

Might want to see what a very light cream or gold will do ... i'm using Sand right now on a traditional muslin and it is very pretty.

Why not suggest a custom quilt job where you change thread colors depending on the quilt top?  In the end, it might cost slightly more, but she may be happier with it in the end.

A lady in my guild always suggests a light violet for edge to edge patterns with different color tops.  It tend to take on the color is is quilted in, per her view.  I do not have enough experience to say ya or nay if this is true.  

Cagey

Archived