New George Owner

Theresa,

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you. You will love having George. When he arrives, you will receive some prewound bobbins, some Glide thread and Superior So Fine 50 weight thread. I started out with the Glide thread and the bobbin that was in the machine when I took it out of the box. I also left the needle in that arrived with the machine. I couldn't seem to get my tension right even though I was following the article instructions on the APQS blog so I finally called my dealer to ask her advise. She told me to switch to the Superior So Fine thread and see if that made a difference. I followed her instructions and while it did make a difference, I was still getting those eyelashes or train tracks on the back of my quilt sandwich. I finally changed the needle to see if that helped. It did!!!! after changing the needle and tweaking the upper and lower tension a little, my George is now quilting wonderfully. Normally, I am not a very patient person, but I knew from testing out two different George machines that I just needed to take my time and play around until I got everything set.

When your George comes home, have your quilt sandwiches ready to go, be a little patient with him, and just have fun. I have read on some posts from others that their machines were set from the beginning, so test your George out before making any changes, and watch the videos on the USB stick that comes with your George. I have watched it several times and will probably watch it over and over until I learn everything I can.  Welcome to the APQS family!!!!! 

God Bless & Happy Quilting,

Congrats to both Carmen and Theresa on your new George and welcome !!

I know you will have many hours of happy times with George!

I agree that I like the Martelli hoops too, but you will find what works for you with a little patience and time.

Best wishes,

Debbie

Madelyn:

I will watch the Martelli site for any sales next week.  I did find online the 11 and 8 inch combo set for sale at $89 with free shipping.  After the weekend, I just may have to pull the plug and get them.  I only wish I knew a business that sold them locally to see if I truly like them before purchase.  I hate wasting money on things that just do not work for me.  

Take care, and have a Happy Forth of July.  God Bless America.

Cagey

Cagey, that $89 with free shipping for both rings is a good one.  If you choose to get one with straight sides, I would encourage the 8 x 12.  It will make final borders easier to work with and you can always put the 8 side on the border.  I ended up with the 12 square hitting me before I was done using the quilting area. 

Madelyn:

Measuring my table, the 12 inch side of the rectangle would be 3 inches off the front of my table with it pulled towards you.  I just hope the Martelli cloth grabber on the bottom holds it nice and tight.  Thank you again for sharing your insight on their products.  Have a great day.

Cagey

Archived