Looking at a 1998 Millenium II Newbee needs HELP!

I am looking at a 1998 Millenium II on Monday.  I do not know what were the standard features of this machine.  Also, any tips on what to check and look for greatly appreciated.  Hopefully, this will be my first long arm.

Congrats on the possible purchase of your first machine---exciting!

I believe the Millenniums were first offered in 2000 (hence the name), so this is probably an Ultimate II. If there are photos available, look for the badge---if it says Millennium, be sure to verify the age by sending the serial number to APQS. We have some Ulti experts here and I'm sure they will chime in as soon as you can verify what model and year the machine actually is. That would provide some guidance for standard features and also any add-ons the owners has added. Go to the home page and click on "resources" to access the APQS blog. Scroll down for an article on what to check for when shopping for a longarm. Keep us posted and if this machine isn't a good fit for you, watch for lots of machine for sale here on the forum.

Linda,  It is a Millenium II.  Owner thought it was 2004 and priced it accordingly,  He called APQS, gave number, and he said it was 1998-1999.  I am calling the company Monday to find out for myself.  It has a 12 foot table (wood/metal) and he had it priced at $4,000.  With the difference in the true age, what would be a fair price?

Hi Nancy. There is no Millennium II model in the APQS line, no matter what the seller says. ;)  If it's made before 2000 and has a wooden table, it's probably an Ultimate II. Here is a link to a two-year old post for an Ultimate II for sale.

http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/34331-ultmate-11-for-sale/?hl=%2Bultimate+%2Bsale#entry482357

The member named Zeke is our resident expert on those models. Send him a private message or an email to ask for help and advice.

Good luck with your purchase!

In my opinion, $4000 is too much for a non stitch regulated machine that is an Ult 11.  IF it is a stitch regulated machine, then it is closer to the correct price.  Your description sounds like this is an Ult11 machine.  I have one and it has the wood/metal table 12'.  They are nice machines but you can find one for quite a bit less and there have been several listed here reasonably priced.

Archived