Asian fat quarter swap quilt

Here's what I did with the Asian fat quarters---it's my son and new DDIL's wedding quilt! Easy piecing and larger blocks because I wanted it fast and also to show off the fabrics. The white blocks are a modern-ish pearl-on-white fabric. Arrow right from the first pic for a quilting detail. Gold-thread curled feathers run through the print chevrons. Silver thread on the white. There is a purple batik backer and I used gold thread in the bobbin. In the photo, the binding is on (applied on the frame) but is not stitched to the back.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/19294044042/in/dateposted-public/

The happy couple is unimpressed by quilts *shrug* and while it's a queen-sized quilt they just bought a King sized bed. *another shrug*  Hard to say if they'll use it or not, but it doesn't matter to me. 

One thing I realized? I need more piecing in my life cuz I'm pretty bad at it! Out of practice, I guess!  ;) Good thing I was able to "quilt it out"!   :D

Love it!  If it needs a good home, where it will get lots of love and attention . . . . . .

Thanks for the offer! I suspect it'll end up on the end of the bed, where their much-loved cat Scooter (my grand-kitty) will enjoy it a lot!  :D

very nice Asian quilt Linda. that is snowball blocks isn't it? what size are the blocks?

love how you quilted them. 

Thanks Terry! The blocks finished at just over 10", with the white centers at 6".

The pattern is from "Big 'n Easy: Supersized Quilts for Queen Beds" by Judy Hopkins.

Archived