I'm Going to be a Lenni Mom!!

Hi Everyone!  Not sure if this is where I should be posting (LMK if I should post elsewhere).  After looking at a VERY old Ultimate machine and asking advice here, turning down the purchase of said Ultimate, looking around a bit, meeting a wonderful lady(through this forum) in my area who invited me to her home to see/play with her Millie, and taking a 'Renter's Prep class' at a shop near me (We R Quilts, Prescott, ON), I ended up going to a Quilt show in Kingston, Ontario and test drove a Lenni.  I loved the Lenni.  Not quite as big as Millie, but I don't need that extra throat space.  There was a 'demo' sale promotion going on which took a fair amount off the list price and with the 30 day timeframe to change my mind about going ahead with the purchase, my dear hubby said... 'Go For It!'.  So I did.  Tracey Russell of 'Whirls N Swirls Quilting', who was the APQS dealer at the show in Kingston, set up my order for a Lenni.  I asked to have the Bliss table, extended table base (for ruler work) and the multi position handles.  Then hubby and I left our Ontario home to go to our cottage in New Brunswick.  When the 30 days was nearing, I asked hubby about it and he seemed uncommitted.  So disappointed...I thought I was going to have to cancel the order!!  Half way through the day, he said...'you know what, there will never be a better time for you to do this...go ahead with the order!", so I did!!!   OMGOSH, at the latest, second week of August I will be a new Lenni owner!!!  I am SO excited.  When we get home from our cottage visit, I'll have a few days to clean out and organize the room I will set up in and I can't wait to load on the 3 baby quilts I've got waiting!

Thanks again to all who advised me regarding the used Ultimate machine I looked at.  I am looking forward to joining this APQS family forum officially in a couple of weeks!

Sincerely,

Sherry

What a wonderful time.  You will enjoy having Lenni so much. 

I ended up in a similar situation at our state quilt show.  Hubby changed what I had planned for our days in the area and left me at the show alone-----all complaints can be blamed on him!  My plan was to just check and see what machine would work best for me but I wasn't ready to purchase.  When I called him with the info that there was a good deal he never said no---- then he continued to leave me there until the end of the show.  When I called to see which table I should get, he said "get whatever you need".  He never asked the price, just if I thought we could swing it.  I still need to get Lucey's room arranged.  She was an early delivery.  Now if I could get my time free to play with her.

Have a fun time.

Congratulations Sherry on your new Lenni!!!! I am a new George owner myself, and I am loving every minute of getting to know my George. I know you will love quilting on your Lenni as much as I love my George. When you can, buy some extra bobbin cases. My dealer advised me to have at least one or more extra bobbin cases so that once you have the bobbin tension set for a certain type of bobbin (superbobs, magna glide classics, or your own prewound bobbins, etc.) you are able to use the bobbin case set for that specific bobbin type and the tension should be set. I have one set for superbobs, and one set for magna glide classics (my FAVORITE prewound bobbing so far). Some may or may not do this, but I thought I would throw it out there as it has worked for me so far.

Again, enjoy your new "baby" when it arrives and welcome to the APQS family!!!!!!!!

God Bless & Happy Quilting,

Thanks for all of your kind words!  We are away from home on vacation now, and I actually am wishing I was home to receive my machine sooner, LOL!  And, yes, Gail, I will have you over once I'm set up so you can check out the Bliss table.  So excited and really looking forward to running through a couple of the baby quilts as starter projects.

SIncerely,

Sherry

Archived