Quilt pink on Ebay

Guest Linda S

How do you get to the auction? I went to Ebay and entered Quilt Pink, Breast Cancer Quilts, etc., and found nothing related to the quilts that were made. Can you give us a link please?

Linda

I hope people will complain about the high starting point for bidding. I think the quilts would get up there and go beyond on their own. I'm afraid a lot of potential buyers won't bother to look when they see or hear about those high minimums.

Guest Linda S

I hope no one complains. Last year those quilts went for $30-$50 each. Just the fabric and the batting are nearly worth $100. Then you have the love and work the quilters put into them to raise money for charity. I think they should all go for about $300 each.

Linda

Linda, I hadn't thought about that. It would be worse if any of them went for such crazy low prices. You have a good point! I thought this was a first time auction for American Patchwork and Quilting and the Susan G. Komen Center.

I know one shop in this state was thinking "Their quilt better sell for over

$2000" I want to try and find that auction!!

Lets hear it for Minnesota! Over 12 quilts listed this week! If you click into

the auction / sellers store, the quilt auctions are listed by state. This helps

a bunch if you are trying to find a certain one!

I agree with Linda. I think $150 starting bid is good. They will still raise

money and won't go for too cheap! It leaves me out though, I will just have

to find the time to make my own and quilt it myself. I did see one that had

the pink ribbon logo quilted into the meander quilting now and then. I think

that was a really good idea!

These do run until Oct. with a different bunch every week. About 150 or so

each week. They have over 4,000 quilts! Awesome!!! Hope they raise lots

of $$$$!

Looks to me like they start at $25. I don't see a problem with that. But I'm not real impressed with their photo skills. Is there yet another website you guys are seeing, or did I not look down far enough? Gotta go take DD to school!

LOL!! I see now! Thanks for straightening me out, Linda! I was looking at the page that has the pic's of the quilt, and only glanced where there was a $ sign. Didn't think to actually READ the page, LOL! On the page where you see ALL of the quilts I now see they start at $150, which is a nice price to begin, I think. Can't IMAGINE them going for $30 last year!! What WERE they thinking? Good start this year, I think.

Here's to all the quilters who contributed, and here's hoping their efforts are vastly rewarded with huge donation amounts for a cure. This disease took my dear friend last November, so I know she is watching. Next year I shall make one for the cause in her memory.

I just bid on one. Hope I get it. Spoke with my sister and Mom and they're both going to check it out and see if they can find "their" quilt.

This is such a good cause and it is tax deductable. I cannot complain about the cost. The cause is reason enough!

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you get to enjoy it with family.

Thank you Linda for the information on this 6 month long auction on eBay to benefit Susan G. Komen Foundation. What a great opportunity for breast cancer survivors to get a pretty quilt that means so much to them and helps further research. I found one that I'd like to make so the site is great for ideas too.

May is my 10th year survivor anniversary from breast cancer, double mastectomy. I think I'll make myself a quilt. Maybe I should have chosen that theme for my birthday blocks instead of Christmas. Doing a quilt may help me finally put this health struggle behind me. To put it to bed with a quilt sounds like such a good idea.

Vicki

• 2 months later...

Hey Barbara, I just checked out your quilt, you did an awesome job!!! Congrats! I hope it gets top bid :cool:

If anyone else would like to see the beautiful job Barbara did the quilt # is 2432 in the Arizona store. You should also put a copy of the pic in your webshots album it will be great for publicity, and may even attract more clients for you.

Joann

Thank you :cool:

No I didnt get any picture of this quilt when I finished . My camera wasnt here and i was on a time crunch . They were coming to get this quilt and others they hired me to do.

Yes joann I will see if I can get a pic off of ebay to put on my webshots. Bernina didnt take any pics either the one on the auction were taken by Better Homes and Garden.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics on here. I have a couple to show .

Barbara

Ok, I'll try, but I haven't done this in a while, so bear with me, OK?

First open your iPhoto or whatever photo program you have, then choose the pic you want to share. In mine I go up to the top and find "Share" in the toolbar across the top, then drop down to "Export". That opens up a screen entitled "Export Photos", and you need to click on the box or circle in front of "Scale images no larger than:" or whatever yours says like that. When I choose that circle the "width" and "height" boxes become active, and I can change those numbers. When I change one the other changes in accordance automatically, and yours should do this too I think. Anyway, I've found that if I type largest size as 600, it comes out a pretty good size to still attach here and be able to see everything. I think it doesn't take anything larger. But 300 is better, unless you have a lot of detail you want to feature, because 600 makes the screen too wide for some computers. Next, you want to click the "Export" button in the lower right, or wherever yours is, and another window will come up that lets you rename the picture, so you can have "Katey curly" instead of HH78aksl/djmmmkmdpfa ugiapuif870574389706987 or whatever the computer assigns it. Make sure it is headed for the "Desktop", and not your DH's scientist stuff folder or DS's computer graphics file, LOL! Then click "OK". Once you've got it to the desktop, open a "reply" or "topic" window here, type what you want about it, then at the bottom you can "Choose File" by clicking that button. A window will list what you can choose from on your computer, and you choose your picture you just put on the desktop by double-clicking on it. It will miraculously appear as an icon with the name you gave it at the bottom of the "Topic" or "Reply" window here. Then all you have to do is hit "Post Reply" or "Post Topic", and voila! you have just posted a pic of your quilt or your beautiful daughter right here on this forum, like me! Yay you! Ya me! :D

post--13461898265333_thumb.jpg

Ooooo, that's beautiful, Barbara! Glad you got your pic to post too.

Laurie, how's the weather down there? I haven't been watching the weather.com to see what Mexico will be like for DD next week. I'm wondering if it will be humid or dry, as it's very humid here right now and making us all wilt.

Weather where? Where I live in Vallejo or Mexico? I am in N. Ca - SF Bay Area........

Traditionally we have cooler weather than the rest of the state during the summer because of the fog off the coast.

Can't say anything about Mexico........:cool:

Archived