You may have to rotate the machine manually a little to get the bobbin thread to release.  Holding the top thread tight, rotate the hand wheel back and forth a little and see if it won't come up.  If this works, but the single stitch button doesn't release it the next time you try, you may need to adjust the single stitch cycle.  Best to call APQS for instructions to make such an adjustment.  Jim

Have you tried it the needle down button with no bobbin or case?  That might help you narrow down the problem to a bobbin issue, or a needle issue.  Also, have you tried removing and reinstalling your needle?

Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

While making an adjustment on JJ (my Milli) I was glancing through my repair manual. There was a section on mag collar adjustment. It was noted that if the hook finger is not stopping in the correct position this could cause the bobbin thread to not pull up. Have you checked this out? My repair manual is from my maintenance class with Amy.