Need some ideas

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Okay, I finally finished this top. I have some ideas for it, but would like to get some feedback from you all to see if it might give me some other perspectives on what I could do. This is similar to a quilt I did a while back.

P.S. I think it will hang better when I take the paper out of the back! ;)

post--13461897607361_thumb.jpg

It is just darling-like the other one!! I love things SID so I would definately do that around the ducks and the flying geese. I have a harder time figuring out what to put in the background each time. Atleast I put my two cents in about some of the quilting. Maybe fill in some of the wing with what looks like wing feathers? Goodluck. I'm sure it'll be absolutely gorgeous when done. Be sure to post pictures!!

Kelly

Very Pretty Linda,

I wish I knew what ideas to use but I haven't ever quilted anything so nice as of yet. The only things I have done are panto's edge to edge and some meandering. I was happy to start getting good with those. LOL! I am looking forward to learning from you and others in this forum as to what kind of quilting to do in my early quilting months and years ahead. I can't wait to see your quilt all finished as well!!!

Kim Cates

Hay Linda,

Great Quilt !! I see feathers in the body of the birds.. maybe one large one for the body with lots of depth to it. As for the back ground why not go crazy and stitch a pond affect under the birds and bullrushes in the large open spaces. You could have fling birds in the flying geese and then stitch in the ditch every where. It looks great and I'm sure what ever you choose to do, it will be wonderful when you are finished. Be sure to post a photo so we can all oooooh and aaaaaah at the finished quilt. Good Luck or should I say.... Brake a Needle.... Sue

How about crosshatching in the main section but not through the geese? SID around the birds and then do feathers on their bodies. Maybe small stipppling around the center bird within the black border. I'm not sure what I would do inside the black borders or on the outside border though. Can't wait to see what you come up with. It is really cute.

Archived