IQA Silent Auction Mini-Quilt

I was asked to donate a small quilt for the International Quilt Assoc. Silent Auction in Houston.  Here is the quilt that I created.  It is 21.5 in. square.  I quilted it on my George with 100 wt. silk on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin.  I was honored to have been asked to donate a quilt, but it's going to be hard to let this little gem go!

If you go to the show this fall, please check out the silent auction quilts and maybe even place a bid!

Brenda

post-63071-0-79377100-1438696837_thumb.jpg

post-63071-0-41000500-1438696951_thumb.jpg

The quilting is outstanding.  It looks Gorgeous George did a find job under your hands.  

Could you share a picture of the back of the quilt?  I for one always like to see the back of the quilt as it shows the SID; it looks like there is none, and the quilting around appliqués and quilt blocks.

Cagey

Here's a photo of the back, Cagey.  I first did the SID around the circles and the decorative stitching around those circles.  Then I stitched all of the straight lines so I would have a way to travel from one area to another.  

Thank you for all of the kind comments, everyone!

Brenda

post-63071-0-43637800-1438789258_thumb.jpg

Brenda:

Thank you for taking the time to post a photo of the back of the quilt.  It too looks lovely.  As you were working on white fabric, did you use blue water soluble markers, and then remove them by misting?  Lastly, did you prewash the fabric?

Cagey

Yes, I always prewash my fabric.  And yes, I did use a blue water soluble marker that I had pretested on the fabric.  I didn't mark everything, but I did mark all of the straight lines.  After it was completed, I put it into the tub for a while to remove the lines.  I was able to breathe better as I watched them totally disappear!

Brenda

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived