Moving 12ft table

Mine was just broken down yesterday.  I had kept most of the boxes but the box for the legs was damaged so we didn't keep that.  I think they will probably end up being bubble wrapped before they go on the moving truck. The machine came apart very easily.  I have a set of Dave Jones lights and they were a different matter.  Dave hadn't intended that they be moved!

Hi,

I moved my rollers wrapped in old quilts.  For the two panels of the table, I think they are plexiglass, I went and got some boxes, opened them up and wrapped them securely around them so they wouldn't get broken or scratched.  The table legs were just fine as they were.  For the machine head, I always transport that in the back seat of my car, seat buckled in.  The rails, etc. I have moved either on a flat bed trailer or in a 25 ft or so UHaul.

Good luck on the moving,

Charlene

Bonnie,

My table top is packed by itself.  The rails are in the long box that they came in.  You could probably just break down some cardboard boxes and tape them around the table and rails if you want to keep them together.  I guess it rather depends if you are moving it yourself or if you are having it moved.  You know to be careful but others have no understanding of what they are dealing with.  

Good luck with you move.  

One thing you can do for the canvases is to wrap them in plastic wrap, the kind that by buy in the grocery store or the dollar store. it will keep the canvases clean. I kept my rail boxes and was able to put the rails back in them. I didn't take the flat part of the table apart, just removed it from the legs and put the plexiglass part back in the box. I had more storage in the house I moved from so I kept all the boxes.

Good luck on your move.

Archived