Leida Glez

You could do as Georgene has suggested.    You could also set the areas up out side of the blocks as shorter segments and as only what will fit in your quiltable space and then set them as Quilt as A Single Pattern.  Then you can use Two point settings to get the spaces to quilt.  So the area to to the right of the block I would do a Two Point - End Point On the left Two Point - Start point and then would do between the two blocks as Two point stretch.  If you use a pattern that will allow a little slip in alignment, you will have more luck.  

Depending on the panto you have chosen and the spaces that you need to quilt, you may need to actually do a combination of what Georgene and I are describing.  Not knowing your comfort level with Quilt Path, it is hard to say what will be easier for you.  

In PatternCAD, you can modify any design.   If the panto is complex, I have had luck saving the row that I need to delete the block out of, taking it into PatternCAD and using that pattern to create the sections I need.  It is really hard to get it to where it will quilt the entire row and jump the empty blocks accurately, but you can set each section up separately.  So if I have 2 blocks on that row, I would have a design for the left side, one for the between the block and one for the right.  And even if the quilt looks like it is well pieced, I have had to create designs for each row.   I then set those sections up as individual pantos and do Quilt as a Single Pattern, which gives me the placement options that I discussed.   But to do this you need to feel pretty comfortable with PatternCAD as you will be deleting large sections of the row.  And you have to do it for every row that the blocks bisect so if the quilt has many blocks that I want to leave, it is sometimes easier for me to set up a background that I can set as blocks instead. 

Leida,

Maybe there's an easier way. Here are pics of a quilt I did using QP for everything except the small stipple around the photographs. I needed to avoid all the photos near the top of the quilt. So I just got creative and did one panto design at the top of the quilt, a different panto at the bottom and did a block on either side of the photos. It was easy to do this way. I didn't have to match anything.

https://flickr.com/photos/88659976@N08/sets/72157654701159018

Archived