Ultimate ll used less than 10 times, 14' steel table, electronic advance, power bobbin winder

Rexeroll

This is a fantastic find!! An ultimate ll workhorse machine that has made less than 10 quilts, a 14' steel adjustable table with electronic advance and power bobbin winder. You will be set unless you want to add something yourself! This wonderful machine also comes with over 20 templates so you can start right away. The machine is clean and ready to go! I live in Missouri and can help with shipping or pack for a shipper. Email any questions or call me at 6607340099

I'm asking $5000. For this special machine

Wow... Do your due diligence people. A machine that's at least 16 years old and only 10 quilts? And maybe it's been stored for many years?? Have a dealer local to the seller look at it before you jump in.  I'm having problems with the fourth photo. It might be a bad photograph, but what's all the black stuff on the rails?  And that cone of thread? And the fraying on the leader? Ask for different pictures. Wow, again....

The invoice from APQS says ultimate ll. as for the thread it's not even quilt thread is a upholstery spool my h set up there and I did notice. Yes it's been in my mil finished basement. She bought it and thought she would use it and didn't. It's been serviced and is I'm perfect condition.

It's obvious you don't know much about these machines---I can see from the photos that it's not in perfect condition, with torn and tattered leaders and lots of dust/grime.

When and where was the service done? Can you provide a clear photo of the invoice so the model and serial number can be confirmed?

Don't tout this as "been serviced and is in perfect condition" when it's obvious it's been sitting unused for a long time. Be honest if you don't know or need questions answered, and you'll find a lot of help and advice here. We can also steer you to a dealer who can go over it and see if it still works at all.

Realize that dampness can ruin the circuits. If that's the case, it's only value is in parts. 

He/ she listed it again, with some better pictures.  I still don't think it is an Ultimate II, unless somebody switched out the wheel assembly.  That is not the typical Ultimate II table, either.  I agree with Linda.  If it is newly serviced, there should be an invoice.  Also, what is the serial number of this machine. That will tell what model it is and when it was made.

I looked on Ebay, did not find it listed. 

Here is the link that I found on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APQS-Lonarm-Quilter-W-14-Table-And-Electric-Advance-Barely-Used-/262001173221?hash=item3d007ca2e5

I believe it is the same device, as the pictures of the lower blue walls look the same, the bed frame in the background looks the same too, and the quilt thrown over the machine is the same..  Though it looks like they took the time to clean all the junk of the machine before they posted the picture on ebay.  I though there was a picture of the stairwell on the photos on this thread, but I cannot open them now to confirm.  

The ebay photos make you want to ask a lot of questions, there is a lot of black stuff on the roller bars, and on the machine itself.  There is a lot of rust on the advance mechanism on the photos here on the forum.  Caveat emptor.

Cagey

I went on the eBay site and used the focus to view the pictures better.  This is NOT an Ult11 machine as it has a hopping foot on it and ULT11 machine do not have this feature.  Also, I viewed heavy dirt, dust, possible rust issues on the machine head as well as on the table.  As for the leaders, it looks like someone cut off the hemmed edge and not very straight either.  

With a lot of inspection of the pictures I have come to the conclusion that this is an APQS UI. From what I can tell it doesn't have a single stitch or needle positioner. This is the table that APQS developed after the wood table. This is noticed by the sliver springs on the side of quilt take up. It also has the UI motor instead of the round UII motor. But this is from my own observation. Zeke.

I think you should be emailing the poster rather than just insinuating that the poster is doing something wrong. or doesn't know what he's doing. You all are coming across as very self righteous and pedantic. It is his mother in laws machine. I see you admin telling people to email privately. I suggest you do the same.

Its-a-Long-Story-Quilts:

I do not believe that any one is attempting to ridicule or personally attack Rexeroll in their attempt to sale their MIL's quilting machine.  In my short time here, I have found everyone to be most helpful in solving problems.  This thread is no different in my opinion.  

The more educated members have pointed out discrepancies concerning this machine.  This way a prospective buyer understands the issues they may face with this machine.  A new longarmer will have more than enough issues without having to deal with long term storage electronic and/or mechanical issues brought about by years in a humid basement.  If the table is rusty on both the outside and the inside, how well will the electronics perform once it finds a new home?  

Cagey

post-65706-0-69625300-1441239243_thumb.jpg

Two points of concern circled in red.

Archived