You all are so quiet!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Beth the content of this forum has changed a lot. Many people are using it just to sell machines. Others ask questions about problems with their non APQS machines and wonder why they don't get many replies.

"In the old days" we knew we all owned the same machines and

COULD answer each others problems.

I find I have to limit my computer time so use it more for Instagram - instant pic satisfaction- rather than wading through the forum.

Yes, I remember a lot of people with various machines a while back too. I remember people asking questions about their machines. I thought it was odd that they would do that, but thought it was pretty nice that APQS let us all be friends on their dime Some machine companies will not allow you to "chat" unless you sign in with your machine serial number, or some crazy thing. I am on Facebook a lot, and am friends with many quilters I met here. My normal friends probably do not want to be involved in quilty things, so I am coming here.

As one of those non-APQS owners I would like to share why I joined this forum even though I don't have an APQS machine.

When Kathy Quilts came out with the Block Rockit midarm machine last year I was one of the first people to buy one.  Lynn with Kathy Quilts set up a yahoo forum for us and we started learning about our machines.  Most folks buy a midarm machine either because they can't afford an expensive longarm, they want to see if they will even like quilting on a frame quilting machine, or they don't have room for a longarm or they want to learn how to quilt on a frame machine before they invest in an expensive machine.

In the yahoo group we also accept Q'nique machine owners which is the exact same machine as the Block Rockit except it's just got the Grace Companys name on it.  We let anyone join us and try to help anybody just as this site does.  Let me say that Kathy Quilts and The Grace Company have been just as great on service as APQS has been for you guys and I love my Block Rockit.....great service means so much

When I got my machine I was so excited and wanted to learn as much as possible about quilting.  I researched different machines and quilting blogs and joined several of the top brands forums.  This is the only one that I actually post on other than the Block Rockit forum.  This group has always been so nice, so family style oriented, the pictures were so great to look at and I have always considered all of you folks the PROFESSIONALS even though all of you don't quilt for money.  I've been so encouraged and gotten so many great ideas for patterns from all of you.

Many problems with quilting are shared no matter which brand machine you have....tension, skipped stitches, timing, etc.....what will work for one brand will probably work for another brand...not always but many times.  So if I have a problem with my machine I start researching and even though I may not ask on this forum for my particular brand I can read and many times have found a solution to my problem by reading this forum.

But the main thing I have gotten from this forum is that I KNOW if I ever upgrade to a full longarm it will be an APQS.  From listening to all of you the service can't be beat with APQS, you folks are so helpful and the lifetime warranty can't be beat.  I wouldn't have known all of this if I hadn't of been on this forum.  I do dream of owning a Lucey or Millie one of these days...just have to wait till the right time.

So thank all of you for allowing me to be a part of this fabulous forum.

David

I am not on as much as I use to be. Mostly because I got so busy I cannot keep up with everything I Want to do. Also I have become much more active, trying to be healthier, and thus not sitting in front of my laptop as much.....been trying to get back on lately as I missed you guys....

Ardellla, I have been seeing your pictures. You have been busy!! Beautiful work. 

I heard that a lot of them moved to

FB beause they got more busioness there.  \

So be it.  I like it here.

I spent much of the summer really feeling out of it,

then found out I had low potassium.. the pills help.

Rita, I hope you are feeling better. 

Mary Beth.  After a week of Potassium, I am feeling better! 

Thank you.

Now if they'd just decide what is going on and making my hand numb

and the arm/shoulder so painful, I'd feel like I'm in heaven.

Yes, I could use prayers, so dumb to have forgotten to ask.

Thank you all who send happy thoughts and prayers.

yes...it would be great to keep this site going!  I know the yahoo groups I am in have been dwindling fast!  I haven't done face book and really don't want too...I like the topic organization of this form and the search features and I don't know how all that works on facebook....so keep on posting here folks...Please!

Yes, I do like the way this forum is set up so that If I have a tension problem, or whatever, there is a topic to post it under. Facebook has it's good side too, in that I have been able to catch up with family and very old friends, as well as new. I really don't know how much my friends and family enjoy my quilting adventures. 

I find it hard to post pictures here now.

It's still awesome if you need advice with your machine, but I really miss all the eye candy we used to get.

MaryBeth...think you restart the party?

I hope so.

I am trying. I don't want to talk to much....like last time...but some things are just in your genes. 

I find it hard to post pictures here now.

It's still awesome if you need advice with your machine, but I really miss all the eye candy we used to get.

MaryBeth...think you restart the party?

I hope so.

Meg you should trying posting pictures again.  I'm wondering if the limits were changed because I usually just use the attach function and have no problems.

I'm so busy in the summer with work that I barely have time to even turn around and don't really get to quilt at all until winter and then my Mom was diagnossed with breast cancer earlier this summer whitch means several trips to St. Louis to the Dr. and one more week of treatments.  So I haven't been on here either but I learn so much when I am able to go through everything here hope it all picks up this winter.

Okay, Im going to try to post a photo to see if I can remember. I took a Quilt Path Class

at Over The Top Quilting Studio - Central Texas APQS Reps.  I am working on a 

charity quilt but will not post that photo since it is not done.  I did finish a church

banner at Over The Top a few weeks ago.  I rented one of their Millie's.  I had

very specific instructions from the piecing duo on how they wanted it quilted.

I think it needed more but it wasn't my call. Here's the photo. Hmm, when

I used to post photos, I think I used flickr or webshots. Now my stuff is on

Picasa.  Not sure how this goes

Archived