What's Your Favorite Finish of the Summer?

Cindy, love your quilt, the colors and the quilting!  It looks fabulous!

My guild's show is in October so I have spent a fair amount of time getting my quilts ready.  I finished Farmer's Wife and love it but my favorite is Minglewood.  My sister lives 375 miles from me and we did it as our BOM project.  It was fun to share pictures of our progress and compare the different looks we were getting with our fabrics.  Hers is in Christmas colors and fabrics as shown in the book and mine is in fall colors with most fabrics having metallic threads.  The center medallion in the book shows holly and berries so I designed one with leaves and acorns to blend with the fall colors.

post-3802-0-41308200-1443715644_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-44930300-1443715676_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-83411700-1443715705_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-23213200-1443715724_thumb.jpg

Cindy, love your quilt, the colors and the quilting!  It looks fabulous!

My guild's show is in October so I have spent a fair amount of time getting my quilts ready.  I finished Farmer's Wife and love it but my favorite is Minglewood.  My sister lives 375 miles from me and we did it as our BOM project.  It was fun to share pictures of our progress and compare the different looks we were getting with our fabrics.  Hers is in Christmas colors and fabrics as shown in the book and mine is in fall colors with most fabrics having metallic threads.  The center medallion in the book shows holly and berries so I designed one with leaves and acorns to blend with the fall colors.

Wow Carmen that is a show stopper love the center block and your quilting is spot on congrats on your summer beauty

Thank you Rita, Terry, QLTNBE, and Carmen!

Carmen, your quilt is beautiful!  No wonder it's your favorite!  The piecing, applique, and quilting are fabulous!  What a wonderful thing for your sister and you to do "together" 375 miles apart! :)

I hope others will post their favorites, too!

My favorite finish of the summer is just that....summer. I am not a lover of the hot and humid weather alternating with the cool endless thundershowers. Yuck! Now in to my favorite seasons, Fall and Winter. I foresee many more finished quilting projects with this change in the seasons. Rev up the longarm and dsm...full speed ahead!

Such beautiful quilts ya'll. My favorite finish of the summer isn't finished yet. It's a baby quilt I made....but haven't quilted yet....for my daughter's new baby. He's two months old today so I'm a bit late with it. In my defense, he came six weeks early and I am daycare provider for my other two year old grandson. Two good excuses I think ;) I need to get it quilted though so it's done in time for them when they move back to Russia in November. I will try to post a picture when it's all done. If I can't seem to figure it out then just look at my blog in about two weeks.

Jess

I've quilted several customer quilts this summer, but was suprised to receive in the mail my first blue ribbon for machine quilting. My customer also won 1st and viewers' choice.  Cindy, I love the colors in your mariners compass and the fall quilt is very pretty.  Terry, how tiny are those house blocks? Did you make them all? 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/foreverdesigning/21877923065/in/dateposted-public/

I've quilted several customer quilts this summer, but was suprised to receive in the mail my first blue ribbon for machine quilting. My customer also won 1st and viewers' choice.  Cindy, I love the colors in your mariners compass and the fall quilt is very pretty.  Terry, how tiny are those house blocks? Did you make them all? 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/foreverdesigning/21877923065/in/dateposted-public/

Yes i ddi make them all...364 3" blocks and 5 3'x6" interest blocks

Debbie, your log cabin barn quilt is wonderful!  Congrats on the ribbons!!

Terry, OMGosh, look at those little itty bitty houses!!! That's awesome!

Valorie, OMWord, I can see why that is your favorite!  I'm sorry I missed the original post.  What a colorful quilt and lots of detailed quilting!

Jess, be sure and post pictures when you're done.

Heidi, we all know you've had other things on your plate that needed your full attention.  You'll get your wall hanging done soon and post pics for us all to see your creation!

Archived