NQR paint job

Well You tell me what you think.

On Labor Day we were at a County Park, fishing and loafing.

I needed to go to that little 4 by 4 building with a potty seat in it.

Said Porta-Potty was up a small drive, from the main drive thru the park, and the little drive way was to be used for

OFF LOADING ONLY and is clearly stated at 3 prominant spots, in the off loading drive and covered picknicig area,

and offloading area for the group area.

I was in the Go-Go, my mobility chair, and had to try to find a way to get to porta potty around 5 or 6 cars parked on the

Off LOADING ONLY and I had to find a way real quickly.  Going in I risked my Go Go and me because it was so slanted.

One gal asked where I was going that it was a private party here!

Well I told her I had to get to the porta potty and they were the only ones in the day use area, and the driveway was blocked.

She went walking around  and asking is it really the only one around and I said yes, yes, yes, yes. and so it went.

That is when I had to go so I could go, and  on the slanted Lawn and gravel.  They weren't want to move the cars.   They stood there

telling me not to tip over and get hurt.  She told me she didn't see why I had to use that one.. surely there is another!   (These people were

simple minded.)   "Is it the only one"  don't see why you can't use another.  The answer was I would have to take the gogo

across the park to the camp area up a steep hill, drive of loose dirt and gravel, and too far to go as I'd only bog down in the dirt and

gravel.   I nearly did tip, even leaning hard on the uphill side.  While I was using "that little building" I heard a car start and it sounded like

they came back in, giving me more room.

When I went out, I saw what I thought was a larger space, so went that way.  The handle bars left a smudge of rubber on one car

and I did scratch the surface of the other car, but barely the surface, not down to metal.

She called about 4 weeks later telling me she had an estimate for painting and she thought I should see it so she would send me

a copy or maybe bring it by.  I told her either way would be fine.  I didn't hear more until Tues. this week, with a letter from her

insurance adjuster saying I was at fault and they had investigated the incident and I had hit a stopped car.

I asked what I was to do, they had the drive blocked, didn't offer to move the car.

He replied to everything  said with "You hit a stopped car"  I said she was illegally parked and denied access to the porta potty, so what was I to do? He didn't know, but I hit a stopped car.

He said they had a claim for repainting for $663.00.  I asked him to repeat that and he did, had the receipt and would send it to me.

I told him I wouldn't pay for painting the whole car since it was a minor scratch on a quarter panel and that was all I was willing to pay,so

she needed to find another painter.  He said the bill was just for the Quarter Panel that I hit while stopped.

WELL MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL IS:

Would you pay $2,652.00 for a paint job on a small car of about a Corola or a Kia Optima size? 

Do you think since it was Public Property, she was illegally parked, had no intentyion of moving one car so I could get by, and lied to

me about having permission to park there (and I had to go potty, or wet myself!).

She was leaning on the d-a-r-n-e-d post the sign was on.  Bright red sign.

I don't intend to do anything for now.  Will wait until they do something more.  I'm ready to go to courty on this one and I have a witness

willing to testify about her parking.

The adjustors claim of investigation was "the damaged car owners report."  I'd think he would have driven out to the site, or called Steve the ranger

who does most everything with 2 part time workers, and sometimes neither were working.  He was the only one on duty that day and says he

"stressed they could park there to offload, then had to go up in the parking lot."

When I the asked the claims adjuster if I could give him my side of the story he said it wasn't necessary; I'd hit a stopped car.

My reply was, "it's time to stop the talk about the false information she gave, and by the way her car, while she was stopped, had attacked my gogo and damaged the handle bars!"

Then I said:

"I won't go further on this  false claim!

Topic closed on this false statement."
and then I hung up.

Rita

P.S.  I hpoe my brain isn't too muddled on telling what happend at the park, and in talking with the claims adjuster.

Good questions.  I would fight it with the evidence you have.   I wonder if you could contact the ADA representative in your area, I bet  they could probably help being a "handicapped issue too".  I'm sure all facilities including portable must be fully accessible for your use. Oh yea, and that "car was stopped illegally".  I wonder what she would have said if you "peed on the stopped car"!!!!   Good luck, praying for you to succeed.

Archived