Quilt design for pinwheel quilt

Would any of you quilters know the rulers that would have been used in the attached photo. I love the quilting and I have a pinwheel quilt that is ready to be quilted and would do this on mine if I knew how. I am a beginner and have not used rulers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sheila

post-69853-0-03567500-1444430598_thumb.jpeg

This looks like a quilt that I quilted in March 2012 for someone.  I am attaching a couple of pictures of my finished work.  I used Constantine Quilts 8" Swag Templates for the borders.  I either used Ronda's Curved Crescent Moon Template 12" for the curves in the white part of the Pinwheels, or DeLoa's Boomerang, I just can't remember which.  I did just eyeball the placement of the curves.   The color part of the Pinwheels is just some freehand work.

I would love to know where on Pinterest that you seen this quilt.  I cannot imagine the lady putting it on there.  This quilt is a little famous, per say.  It has been in a sweet movie named "Touched By Grace".

post-4174-0-80957400-1444679930_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-67170400-1444679951_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-57988800-1444679963_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-63273300-1444679981_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-16340100-1444680005_thumb.jpg

post-4174-0-93707800-1444680021_thumb.jpg

I made this pinwheel quilt to give my granddaughter and her husband for a wedding gift. I mailed it to Cathy and asked her to use her expertise and design the quilting as she thought best. Wow....As you can see, Cathy's quilt designing and quilting skills are amazing. Each pinwheel looks like it's twirling in the wind. My granddaughter and her husband were so thrilled to receive it and it is used and well treasured.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you Cathy. I will purchase that ruler. I can see that it would be a fun ruler to play with.

I finished quilting a quilt yesterday and some of my tension was off. Not sure why because it stitched good for awhile and then the tension was too loose and it would go back to stitching good again. Today will be a day to practice and see if I can get the stitching right.

Again thank you for the name and size of the ruler.

Sheila

Sheila:

I have not idea if this will help or is your issue, but I will share it with you.  This afternoon, I took an embroidery class.  The instructor told us that the folks at Fil-Tec told her that they spray a type of starch on the top layer of their pre-wound bobbins.  It helps prevent the thread from unwinding during shipping and storage.  For this reason, she advised always pulling the first layer of thread off the bobbin before using it in your machine.  She said it can get into the tension spring in the bobbin, and the electronic tensioners of an embroidery machine.  She said you would be surprised how the sticky residue can catch lint and dust, varying the tension of your bobbin thread.  I have no idea what type of bobbins you use, but it is something to store in the back of your mind when you use pre-wounds.

She went on to say we normally do not think about how much things can effect our machines.  Her husband the repairman for her shop shared how you should always use starch and spray adhesives away from your machines, if not outside.  He went on to say the fans on the new machines can suck in the overspray, even when you do not see it.  In their shop they had been using a large cardboard box to let student spray 505 on fabric and batting for free motion/applique classes for a few months.  After a 3 to 4 months he noticed the ceiling A/C return vent in the corner by where they sprayed looked rather dirty.  He got a ladder to clean it off.  He was shocked to learn that the dirt was glued to the intake cover.  He had to take the whole thing down and soak it it water to clean the grill.  Now he sets up a table with the cardboard box outside the back of the shop for everyone to spray their fabric during class.  

Cagey

Archived