New Lenni

Lenni came to live with us yesterday and my husband and I put him together. That was interesting and so glad my husband is good at putting things together. Okay I have been playing with Lenni and let me say "it is not as easy as the videos make it look"! But I will practice everyday until I get the hang of it. I hope I can do better sooner rather than later because I have so much I want to do with Lenni. I think the first thing I have found that I need to do and that is to slow down.

Congratulations on your new Lenni and welcome to the APQS family.  You have many hours of enjoyment ahead of you.  Remember to post pictures of your projects and also remember that this forum is a wealth of knowledge.  We were all new beginners at one time so no question is a "dumb" question...many of us have already asked them and are more than happy to answer them.  Any mistakes you might make have likely already been made by many of us and soon you will know the joys and feelings of great accomplishment that we have all come to know as we became acquainted with our machines and developed our own style of quilting.  ENJOY!!!!

Sheila:

I suggest you join you local guild, and get some charity quilt tops/batting/backs, and go to down practicing on them.  You get to quilt your heart out without having to worry about ever seeing your "mistakes" again.  While your "mistakes" will stand out like a sore thumb to you, they will never be seen by the average charity quilt recipient, much less your common quilter.  Have fun with your new baby.

Cagey

Sheila:  If you can post photos here of the issues you encounter, you'll get insight as to what's causing the issue, and advise on how to remedy it.  Post question about things that bother you, and we'll let you know whether you're doing something wrong, whether it's a machine issue, or a materials issue.  A very helpful forum.  Good luck.  Jim 

Archived