Quilt Path stitching patterns are migrating

Nicholette

I sent a message to APQS this afternoon, but with the weekend I do not expect to hear from them until Monday. Just wondering is anyone has any ideas? Quilt Path is still new to me, have had it only a few months.

I stitched a pantograph using a stock design in Quilt Path of linking hearts, and it stitched beautifully. Then the trouble began when I tried to stitch an imported design of leaves in a pantograph. 

When stitching my leaves pantograph and a stock block design from Quilt Path,  the stitching will migrate toward the leveler bar and stitch over itself. I had to stop the stitching process because the sewing needle came so close to the leveler bar.

I have shut down Quilt Path six times, turned off tablet, machine and carriage and restarted everything again in reverse order. I set the safe limits when prompted. My clamps on the belts for Quilt Path are secure and do not appear to be slipping during stitching. And I have slowed the speed of stitching to slow. The needle does not appear to be catching on fabric or anything. The stitching just drifts and the design overlaps many times so the stitched design looks nothing like the pattern on my screen. 

Help! 

Nicholette

Have you calibrated QP? Known as screen scaling in QP. Calibrating assures that what you see on the screen is how it stitches out.

Also are you a member of the QP user group on Facebook. It's very active and responsive. If you're not a member, you can send me your email and I will send you an invite to join.

No, I cannot find how to screen calibrate. It is not listed under the Help Menu on my Quilt Path at all. I don't know if this is because my Quilt Path is so new (mid-2015) that it doesn't have it or else it's located somewhere else on the screen. 

I do not have a Facebook account, but maybe I will have to get one. 

Dawn Cavanuagh contacted me by email Sunday afternoon (thank you Dawn!). It seems the pulley wheel on the drive shaft of the carriage belt for QP became slightly loosened. I had to use an allen wrench to tighten it a minuscule amount. I successfully stitched a block pattern afterwards and then a full pantograph pass across the quilt. The stitching is lovely!

Nicholette

Archived