Pegboard

That is a fantastic idea, and you did a great job painting the pegboard to look like a quilt. What paint did you use as far as name and sheen? I would love to do something like this because I am constantly looking for my notions because I have very little space for them. You have not only made something pretty to look at, you have also made it functional. Love it!!!!!!

Happy Quilting,

Thank you everyone for your comments. I had fun doing it. It did take some time. I painted the pegboard white first, then I drew the blocks using my cutting ruler and then used painter's green frogtape so I would have straight lines. I can't paint a straight line freehand. I used a sponge to paint the areas. I had to wait for the paint to dry before I could tape over painted areas to paint another.

Wanda, it took me awhile to decide on colors. I only wanted three in the blocks. It also took awhile to figure out what block patterns to use.

Stitchin cricket, I used the small bottles of acrylic paints like delta ceramcoat, or decoart Americana that I use for tole painting that you can get at Michaels or other craft stores. I used a matte varnish from the same store.

Deb.

Archived