Windows 10

Barb T

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10? I am somewhat new to Quilt Path I bought it last year at Houston but didn't get it set up till this past spring due to a move. I have been doing ok with it and have been learning as I go. I kept getting a message to install Windows 10 so I finally did a couple days ago. Started having trouble while quilting blocks. First I would get a broken thread message when the thread was fine. This happened several times. Then while stitching out a block, the carriage stopped moving but the needle kept stitching in one place. I tried to stop it but it took several times hitting the stop button to stop the stitching. Then I couldn't do anything with the computer. It just had the timer spinning and never stopped. I finally had to shut everything off and left it for a while. When I turned it all back on it worked. I think it was the Windows 10 that is causing the problem. My Son is a program designer and I am thinking I should have him take the Windows 10 off and reinstall Windows 8. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do. Thanks

It is not advised to do,any of the windows updates on your tablet. Even though I updated my PC to Windows 10, I left my QP tablet alone. Even the Windows 8 updates Interfered with QP drivers.

You should join the FB user group for QP. You would have seen posts about Windows 10 there. It's a much more active forum for QP than this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived