Saga of the Porta Potty is over.

After the retreat we were on, I called the gals ins adjuster as requested in the letter from him..

She didn't give a true account, (of course) and I told him not only was her report sadly lacking of truth, she forgot to tell him

she was illegally parked and blocking public access to the only porta potty in that side of the park.

His  only answer to anything I said was of course the same. " But you hit a stopped car."

I asked him how he'd "investigated the incident" and he read her report as proof". 

What an idiot!

I suggested he visit the site, he said he didn't need to do that.   I also told him we went out and parked our

van in the drive which clearly shows there isn't room for 2 cars but also shows the 3 signs that clearly state

"Parking for off loading only."  and I'd send him the pictures if he wanted.  He said it wouldn't do any good,

I'd hit a parked car.

At that point I told him that he wasn't interested in the truth, so needed to be told on the recording,

That I'm not paying "for one fourth of a $2,523.00 paint job, so  End of topic! end of subject!, do Not call me again.

I called and tried to talk with the gal with the car, and she screame at me  asking if I was going to *********** pay

to fix her ************ car!  not paint, but "fix".  I think body work, or fiximg something else, was included in the price.

I told her No I wasn't paying for a fourth of a .... and she informed me she knew where I lived, she had my

address and she'd be right here.

I told Himself to keep her outside the storm door and I'd be out of sight in the sewing room, calling the sherrif.

She didin't come. She did call the ranger and told him she was off loading.  Funny she off loaded food for a

family gathering, and left just a few min. after the incident!  The ranger called us and told us about his end of it.

Anyway, I told our adjuster called me and I explained what had gone on from the time of the incident,,

It did call my homeowners Ins. Co,  on Fri,   I didn't hear from anyone until Tues.  I was getting very upset as I'd

been told I'd hear from her the same day.

When I told heer what Aangela said on Fri., she said "Thats funn, as she was very happy sounding and told her

that she wasn't going to pursue the claim and was very happy with that.

So, as it stands right now, the case is closed on my end, unless something else happens.

Thank you all who suggested I call our homeowners  Ins.!  It worked wonders.

I am glad to hear things worked out for you.  I would suggest you get something in writing from the insurance agent stating that the issue is now settled.  You do not want something to pop up 3-5 years from now, just before the statute of limitations ends.

Cagey

David, Connie, Heidi, Terri, Lynn, Cagey, Wanda,

Thank you for the comments.  We have the copy, and the date and case number with the ins. policy in the files.
yes she has the address and a relative who lives on our Lane.

We have 2  neighbors who keep watch on our place.  I'm sure one or both will tell us what was going on if something was

going on

Thanks for the comments! suggestions, etc.  Thanks for caring enough to comment.

I'm not breathing easy for now.  it will fade out.

Archived