WHAT THE BEEP?

O.K., I got off work early this afternoon and finally have time to play on my new Millennium (Malcolm).  I loaded a quilt panel (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer--the old tv special), and started to play.  Beep Beep Beep Beep.  The broken thread sensor keeps beeping at me.  There is not broken thread, however, all seems fine.  What's up?  It's harassing my mellow as i slide into the zone on this glorious machine.  I'm not making a masterpiece out of this panel, but I'm having a blast and it'll be fun to hang in my cubicle every Christmas at work.  But this beeping has to stop!

By the way, I bought lots of on-sale muslin to play with too.  I'm going to have a blast this weekend.  And I've learned a ton from this first experience.  I will be more precise when I load important quilts on the machine, and I WILL get used to what buttons do what.  This is what they call "the learning curve."  I'm taking notes, and paying attention to what I do wrong...and what I do right.  

Stitch on!

Kevin

Thanks, Angela! That makes sense.  

I'll admit that I put 60 weight thread on the machine but I just tied it to the end of what the factory left on and pulled it through instead of threading it myself.  I'll double wrap it and see if it makes a difference.

Great job. You are going to be a pro in no time. Re the beep...my Millenium beeps to signify that the machine is on in stitch regulated mode as a safety feature. I don't know if the new machines do that or not but I love that feature. Could that be the beep you are hearing?

"...my Millenium beeps to signify that the machine is on in stitch regulated mode as a safety feature. I don't know if the new machines do that or not but I love that feature. Could that be the beep you are hearing?"

Lynn, I'm sure that's one beep, but this beeping is ongoing and constant and the thread break icon is flashing.  I'll play with double-wrapping and see if it makes a difference.  

• 7 months later...

Archived