Sign in to follow this  
LeeAnn

Red dye run

I washed my favorite jeans with something red (I know, I know) and now they are pinkish.  Is there anything to take out the pink or is it a lost cause?  Would Synthrapol work?      I am just so mad at myself.

e031f624cf7233f8fdc03e8e12614a83.png

LeeAnn Meduna

I haven't dried them and wondered if the Synthrapol would work or just take out more of the denim dye.  I will have to get some.  I guess they can't be worse than they are!  Thanks for your input!!

LeeAnn Meduna

Hey LeAnn they also make a product just for color run too. Cant think of the name right now, I know they used to carry it at JoAnns but that has been awhile.  If the other solution hasn't worked let me know and I will try to find the name...good luck!

I went and looked and it is called color run remover from carbona.  :P

78CACD67EA60F2E3255ABE22C039A732.png

Happy Quilting

Roxanne

Millie

Front Porch Quilting

fax:308-754-4409

stitchinangels2@yahoo.com

OK, an update on my problem.  I tried the Synthrapol overnight, no difference.  I bought the Carbona color run remover and since I only had one box I had to do it in a bucket instead of washing machine (it takes more than one box).  It got the pink out of my jeans but then evenly distributed the blue dye.  My jeans are now a country blue, not exactly what I wanted but at least I can wear them.  I let them soak until I could see no more pink.  I maybe should have done it a shorter time, no directions on time given on the package, but it is done.  

Thanks for all your help!

LeeAnn Meduna

I have used color catchers on a backing where the red dye colored the cream areas.  The backing had been dried before I realized the red dye had bled into lighter areas.  It has been a while but I may have also used synthrapol, and the pink color came out of the light areas.

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks