Anyone Going to MQX East?

CBowser (Charlotte) and I will be making our annual trek!  We'll get there on Wed. and stay until Sat.  Usually Sat. we drive to Marden's in Maine where you can get some great fabric bargains.  We've also gone to Keepsake a few times, only an hour north of MQX.  Keep me posted if you come and we can finally meet face-to-face.  I've been blessed to meet many of my APQS forum friends at MQX.

Oh Heidi I would love that!  Right now I'm debating between flying and driving as flying is a 5 hour venture (with one plane change) while driving is 9.  The only real plus to flying for me is all I have to do is show up for the flight!  :) 

So glad to know you will be there - along with some other online pals who I would really like to meet up in person!  :)  I have a quilt to enter and it will be my first real quilt in the show that was made completely by me...assuming it gets accepted!

CBowser (Charlotte) and I will be making our annual trek!  We'll get there on Wed. and stay until Sat.  Usually Sat. we drive to Marden's in Maine where you can get some great fabric bargains.  We've also gone to Keepsake a few times, only an hour north of MQX.  Keep me posted if you come and we can finally meet face-to-face.  I've been blessed to meet many of my APQS forum friends at MQX.

Oh Heidi I would love that!  Right now I'm debating between flying and driving as flying is a 5 hour venture (with one plane change) while driving is 9.  The only real plus to flying for me is all I have to do is show up for the flight!  :)

So glad to know you will be there - along with some other online pals who I would really like to meet up in person!  :)  I have a quilt to enter and it will be my first real quilt in the show that was made completely by me...assuming it gets accepted!

At least the drive is easy from OH!  Charlotte and I drove to OH when Deloa held Camp Mowana, hit 90 and it is almost a straight shot.  If you wanted to make the drive in two days you could always stop at my house for a night, I'm right off 90, only about 15 min. north of Albany NY.  Charlotte and I will drive there Wed. am and come back some time Sat. night.  You're right flying you just show up but if you have layovers you never know.  I like to drive and Charlotte is a great co-pilot!  

Valerie, I would love to go but it is a really long (and expensive) trip from Phoenix. I was there in 2007 and had a great time and I hope that some day I'll be able to get there again. I went to Keepsake Quilting while I was at MQX and was disappointed. We have a fantastic LQS and I felt like Keepsake didn't have as much as I have here locally! I did enjoy the company immensely, two people I contacted online through MQX -- one from Alaska and one from the Yukon Territory in Canada, but the store itself was no big deal. I would love to visit the store Heidi mentioned. I am originally from Rhode Island but didn't get a chance to get there - most of my family no longer lives in New England and most of my friends have scattered around the country. I'm dreaming that one day MQX will come back out west to an area that would be easy for me to get to. If you go, I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Heidi - oh you are so kind thank you for that offer!  If I go it's looking like I'll fly out Wednesday and come home Friday...I am really leaning towards flying but we shall see!  Either way if I make it there we will definitely have to meet up!

Sheila - it is also one of my favorite quilt shows to enter!  The ladies who put it together really think of EVERY detail.  I'm so excited to go!

Teresa - oh yay!  I would love to catch up with you too!

Can any of you tell me how fast the classes fill up?  I know some of the most popular teachers are already full...but how late  have you registered for classes before and still gotten what you wanted? 

I am a new quilter so forgive my ignorance, what is MQX?

I am trying to find a way to work it out so I can go.

Six of us are driving from Dayton, Ohio.   3 Longarm  quilters and 3 domestic quilters.  I have a full slate of classes as usual LOL.  I love to learn from all the new teachers because you never know what awesome idea they will bring to class!  This is our second trip to MQX east.  We have attended in Portland, Illinois and New Hampshire.  Janet Lee  and Mary put on a professional show!  I can't say enough about what a great experience it is.  There are many classes to satisfy all skill level of quilters.  An added bonus is overall the comfortable feeling throughout the entire show.  Everyone is so NICE! Y'all should come!

I will be there and would love to meet up with everyone. I don't post a lot, but I read all the time and enjoy seeing everyone's eye candy. It would be fun to meet you all in person! What classes are you all taking? I've got two hands on classes,both by Lisa Calle and some lectures with Bethanne Nemish.

Archived