Tension Tension Tension - Ugh !!! Calling all you experts out there!

Hi Friends,

Was sewing ohhhh so nicely with perfect tension and now this!!!  (see the photos)  I changed the needle, I cleaned the machine, my bobbin tension seems to be perfect and I've tried everything.  The top thread is skipping stitches every couple of inches or so.  I'm using Glide thread.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks Friends,

Patrice

post-6121-0-87306800-1447011300_thumb.jpg

post-6121-0-62916800-1447011311_thumb.jpg

I always start my longarming day by warming up Millie, remove the bobbin, blow the bobbin cage with my compressor, spray WD40 inside bobbin cage & the bobbin too, then I use a business card to remove lint from the bobbin part where it's threaded & q tips to clean the bobbin. Wipe all the residues, then oil the cage & check the wicks for oil too.

It pays to clean the bobbin every bobbin thread change.

Can't live without my compressor, use it to blow lints away from the tension disc, etc.

Smile, will be a fine day to quilt.

Ps, sewers aid is always handy especially with humidity changes.

What does it look like on the back?  This is what it looks like when the bobbin thread gets caught on a nick or burr on the hook assembly and breaks. (Just ask me how I know.)   Look on the back and see if you have a bobbin thread hanging or if you can tease out the broken end.  Yes - the machine just keeps on sewing when this happens.  

Carol

Archived