Studio lighting

I only have a George, but I installed two canned ceiling light above the table area to illuminate my quilting area.  My "old" eyes as my eye doctor tells my kids when she compares the back of their eyes verses mine, just need more light to see.  They work fine fine for me.  

I enjoy Jamie Wallen's YouTube videos, and he shows you how to make side lights that also may help you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-t871-Q_U

Have a great day.

Cagey

Cagey, we recently replaced the bulbs in our can lights with LED bulbs that are even better.  You just remove the housing (I really don't know the right term) unplug the clip on the wire, and this LED light clips in to the wire and you put cover on. The replacement lights were about $35.00 for two from Lowes.  You might want to look at them.

Sharon:

Yes, the new LED lights are wonderful.  I have switched most of the lights in my home over to them.  I like the fact that you can put in a 200 watt light output bulb, but it only draws 65 watts of power, thus not overloading the light fixture.  You go from a good light level to supernova illumination.  That is why it is nice to wire the lights in a few groups so you can turn them on and off as needed depending on your illumination needs.

Cagey

I love LED lighting (except for the price).  Dave's lights are great.  I hope he eventually changes out the fluorescent tubes with the LED tubes.  I changed all my "shop" fluorescent lights out with the LEDs and it's like daylight in my studio.  I no longer need "ott" lights to see colors either. 

No, I have not seen any flicker like you can get with fluorescent bulbs.  The even have some newer LED lights that can be dimmed.  Those are great if you already have a dimmer switch for those old canned light fixtures.  Check out Lowe's, they have a lot of them now, and the prices truly have come down.  I just picked up a few for regular lamps, bulb locations for around 6 dollars a piece.  Try one of the cheaper ones, and see how you like them.  While you can always take anything you buy back, it is easier to stomach a few dollars verses thirty or more when you are not sure it is going to work for you.

Cagey

Thanks Connie and Cagey.

I am thinking I will try a short strip light from Ron at R&S Designs.  need them under the cupboard for the phone & note area.

Will try one of the cheapies from Lowe's.  Better light is always welcome.

Thanks for the tips.

Three way bulbs would be nice.. lol, wish for the moon, get the stars!  'tis funny, but it really helps.

Archived