Charity Quilt Pantos

This morning I?m working on a charity quilt. You know, those small ones that are given to women?s abuse shelters or the sheriff?s department to carry with them. It got me to wondering what easy, fast pantos you like to use. One that I like is Popcorn by Jodi Beamish. It?s not very dense so it goes fast and it?s wide so I cover a good area before having to advance the quilt. For those quilts that are a panel with borders added I often just do a meander. Of course, if it?s for a charity auction, I spend time on it so it will hopefully bring more money.

Which pantos have you found are good to use on those simple Charity quilts?

Catherine

I love the Kathie James panto named Fern Meander. It just

has an undulating flow, quilts up fast and looks good on lots of patterns. I have used it on 3 or 4 quilts and the customer is always pleased with the results. I have seen a similar pattern called Fern Gully but I have not used it. It looks like it may have more energy. I prefer the slow & easy.

Large overall meandering is probably the fastest...there is no pattern alignment with the next row and you can work the whole throat space. I like to do large overall feather meandering...it is really fast too....often faster than a panto...it is creative and gets feather practice in:) ..it looks great and more personalized than a meandering.

On the compuquilter...Deb's Swirls is probably one of the fastest.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I love to use Come Dance With Me/Jodi Bemish, it looks free-hand and flows so very nicely, I get lost in it. I also like Waterworld and Popcorn - they look good on anything. There is one called Chocolate Feathers that is fun and looks wonderful with colored thread but takes a little longer to do.

There are so many pantos available now - aren't we lucky!

Sharon.

Archived