Sign in to follow this  
CherylUribe

Cottage Rose Quilt

I just finished this quilt for Alex Anderson. The quit will be a featured pattern for an up coming Quilt Maker Magazine issue and is a sampling her new fabric line with P&B Textiles, "Cottage Rose". I think the quilting complements the pattern & fabric. JoAnn Hoffman from www.compuquilterdesigns.com (and one of our own)digitized the fence & rose for me, the leaves and vines are freehand. I used all Masterpiece thread including bobbin. The quilt can also be seen on The Quilt Show blog and at the Salt Lake City Spring Market. Hope you like it!

post--13461898024753_thumb.jpg

Cheryl Uribe

Livermore, California ~45 miles east of San Francisco

APQS Representative/Educator

Since 2004

Sales, Demonstrations & Education

www.gizmogirlquilts.com

I DO like it! Are there any solid colored fabrics or is that a fine stripe? Love the way you used the brown 'sliver' with the solid blue to make that one circle. Probably a dumb question, but did you piece or applique those circles? They scare me!!

Lovely...

Linda(Petey)

Yes, it's lovely. I look forward to seeing it in person at Quilt Market in a couple of weeks.

Beth

Beth Durand

Elizabeth Originals Custom Quilting

www.eocquilting.com

beth@eocquilting.com

2006 APQS Millenium

Authorized APQS Dealer

It is absolutely lovely, Cheryl. I like how you added extra dimension to the circles by quilting the flower/rose motif on top. Really love the picket fence and meandering leaves. Lots of thougth went into this. It is too sweet. Thanks for sharing. :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Love the quilt, I think the quilting really makes this quilt come alive, without it, it would be just a basic comtempory quilt design.

Is the digitized designs that JoAnn did going to be available on her website for purchased? or were these only meant for this quilt only? (I love picket fences :) )

Joann

Cheryl, I luv luv luv luv LUV your quilting on this! goes perfectly with the fabrics. The curlique viney thing is just the fit, and the flowers give it an added whimsy I thought it needed. I love Alex's new fabrics.

4F8540D1432B39026BFB0F1622A07298.png

http://singteachquilt.wordpress.com/

\"Some men see things as they are and say, ‘why?’ I dream of things that never were and say, ‘why not?\'’\' - Robert Kennedy quoting George Bernard Shaw

Yes, it is "sweet". Not my normal style. But it's about the quilt not me! Sounds crazy, I know!

No solid fabrics in this line just the stripes.

The circles are pieced.

"JOANN!" "Can we get these designs?!" -I believe they will shortly be available for purchase.

Cheryl Uribe

Livermore, California ~45 miles east of San Francisco

APQS Representative/Educator

Since 2004

Sales, Demonstrations & Education

www.gizmogirlquilts.com

Cheryl:

I saw on Alex's blog that she pieced in two days and you quilted it in 2 days. It takes me more than two days to make up my mind what to put on a top.

It really looks like spring . Just beautiful.

9BADBFA8766603544769327374FB39CF.png

Sonja Hammond

Quilting by the Animas

Cheryl Uribe, can you tell me what format your cabbage Rose designs come in are they for embroidery, for Viking Husqvarna, do you also have them in PC Quilter formats????? Please advise me. I may want some of the and do you have your own web page, I saw the designs but unsure exactly what they are for.

Thank you

Linden

Love the quilt Cheryl. It's just cute as a button.

The designs are lovely too. They are going to be very popular. The picket fence is an awesome design due to the fact that you can add with the freehand vines right on top of it. Very creative!!!!

Just too precious!!

Tammie Baggett

aka Grammie Tammie

926 Stephens Dr

Westcliffe, Colorado 81252

grammietammie2014@gmail.com