one of the last customer quilts off the frame

Hello everybody this is one of the last quilts off the frame the quilt was made from off cuts from a Mexican shirt manufacturer.

All of the plaid pieces were cut outs around the sleeves and interesting areas like that,

so the pieces were irregular at the best.

The customer did a great job piecing this quilt.

She added scraps of her own to pair up with the plaids.

This was a fun  quilt to stitch nothing fancy but she did love it

sorry for the quality it was a picture she sent me the colors were very nice not muddyed up at all

here is the corner with one blockstraight lines and a little loop design. this quilt was going to her son so no feathers LO

Here it is on Millie I love how the design created a star in the middle of the block...Subtle but it is there..

Thanks for looking. 

This is the only picture I can get loaded

12743488_1762672757294347_38729799206808

The lines on the border makes the flying geese pop.  As you say, the quilting in the middle is subtle and does make the piecing/fabric the focal point, your  outstanding quilting does standout when you look closely.  I believe that is the way quilting is supposed to work.  The piecer stands in the foreground, while the quilter awaits patiently in the shadows.  Wonderful job.

Cagey 

This is a gorgeous quilt. Love the quilting. Are the straight lines done freehand or with a ruler. Asking from a newbie perspective.

Hi Regina, the ones in the border are freehand and the ones in the four patches are done freehand the ones in the center of the block ( because they are on an angel) are with a ruler. So I guess the answer is both. Thanks for the nice comments Regina 

• 3 months later...

Archived