Thank God for Playtime!

I finally got a chance to do something other than customer quilts. YEAH! I call this Thank God for Playtime. The top is a Ricky Tims convergence quilt, I then placed silk flowers, leaves & Angelina Fibers and covered the whole thing with tulle. I got the idea from an article in Quilting Arts magazine. It was fun to do and so nice to play for a change. :-)

post--13461898032706_thumb.jpg

Wow! Danetta,

What a fun quilt to look at! Very cheerful! I love the quilting. Are those beads in the flower centers? It really is a fun quilt. I love the colors and I find my eyes just dancing all over it following the movement of color and design. Thanks for sharing. What a delight!

Jackie

This is such a cute quilt, I've been looking at it since you first posted it & still lovin' it! The tulle really was a great idea. I am sooooo not into piecing but am almost inclined to........nah, just hate to peice!! But almost willing......nope! Don't like peicing! I always end up hate the quilt by the time I get it pieced! :mad: Oh Mooooom.....!:cool:

I've been following the forums for a while, and have loved seeing the wonderful quilting photos. I never realized I might actually be shy sometimes! I love seeing the quilting. You all make it look so easy. But then I read posts about stretching canvases and tiny screws, and it's all very scary! Still, knowledge is power, right?!

Your quilt, Danetta, is prompting my first email! It's so cheerful, so spontaneous and so bright and charming. It just evoked this spontaneous response of delight from me. Sonja's right, it DOES make one smile.

Danetta, I love this quilt, it makes me do this :D !

I want to make one too.... (yeah, in my free time) Actually, looks like it was simple to piece. Are those flowers cut out of fabric and appliqued down? Great job on the creative quilting. Oh, my... I got one of those crystal setting tools from my mom for my birthday last year. I love it!

take care

Pat B - NJ

Thank you all so much! This was such a fun little quilt to make, I can't wait to try it again.

The flowers & leaves are the fake silk flowers, I just peeled the plastic veins off leaving nothing but the fabric part and glued them down with spray baste, laid the Angelina all around them, covered it all up with tulle and quilted. I quilted each flower & leaf with Superior Glitter before doing the main quilting.

So glad to see that I prompted your first post Nrussell2!

Thank you all again!!

Archived