I finally got a chance to do something other than customer quilts. YEAH! I call this Thank God for Playtime. The top is a Ricky Tims convergence quilt, I then placed silk flowers, leaves & Angelina Fibers and covered the whole thing with tulle. I got the idea from an article in Quilting Arts magazine. It was fun to do and so nice to play for a change. :-)

post--13461898032706_thumb.jpg

Wow! Danetta,

What a fun quilt to look at! Very cheerful! I love the quilting. Are those beads in the flower centers? It really is a fun quilt. I love the colors and I find my eyes just dancing all over it following the movement of color and design. Thanks for sharing. What a delight!

Jackie

Well, well, well....How extremely fun is that quilt? It just screams "HAPPY!" to me. Beautiful work, Danetta!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

BEAUTIFUL, Danetta! Your quilting is fabulous, and goes so well with the colors and flowers on this quilt. I'll have to keep PPP too!! See, you inspire us. Yay, Danetta!

4F8540D1432B39026BFB0F1622A07298.png

http://singteachquilt.wordpress.com/

\"Some men see things as they are and say, ‘why?’ I dream of things that never were and say, ‘why not?\'’\' - Robert Kennedy quoting George Bernard Shaw

Danetta,

That's simply delightful! What a pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing your photo and the information about how you made it. Lovely quilt. I can't wait to someday, maybe, have some playtime. Hey, maybe if I'd get off the chat and get some work done...

Welcome to the garden fresh studio of Cucumber Quilting! Located just east of Prineville, not far from the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.

QUILTS FOR SALE: CucumberQuilting.etsy.com

http://community.webshots.com/user/CucumberQuilting

what a gorgeous quilt!!!!! your quilting is so perfect. thank you so much for sharing and passing around the joy of Playtime

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

This is such a cute quilt, I've been looking at it since you first posted it & still lovin' it! The tulle really was a great idea. I am sooooo not into piecing but am almost inclined to........nah, just hate to peice!! But almost willing......nope! Don't like peicing! I always end up hate the quilt by the time I get it pieced! :mad: Oh Mooooom.....!:cool:

7CB1BF7B399CF481C4AED78FE8002A31.png

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I've been following the forums for a while, and have loved seeing the wonderful quilting photos. I never realized I might actually be shy sometimes! I love seeing the quilting. You all make it look so easy. But then I read posts about stretching canvases and tiny screws, and it's all very scary! Still, knowledge is power, right?!

Your quilt, Danetta, is prompting my first email! It's so cheerful, so spontaneous and so bright and charming. It just evoked this spontaneous response of delight from me. Sonja's right, it DOES make one smile.

Nancy Russell

Minneapolis

Danetta, I love this quilt, it makes me do this :D !

I want to make one too.... (yeah, in my free time) Actually, looks like it was simple to piece. Are those flowers cut out of fabric and appliqued down? Great job on the creative quilting. Oh, my... I got one of those crystal setting tools from my mom for my birthday last year. I love it!

take care

Pat B - NJ

Thank you all so much! This was such a fun little quilt to make, I can't wait to try it again.

The flowers & leaves are the fake silk flowers, I just peeled the plastic veins off leaving nothing but the fabric part and glued them down with spray baste, laid the Angelina all around them, covered it all up with tulle and quilted. I quilted each flower & leaf with Superior Glitter before doing the main quilting.

So glad to see that I prompted your first post Nrussell2!

Thank you all again!!