The Only Possible help.

I've run through the lists of Dr.s that might be able to help me, and some that said they couldn't, but  explained why, and several who said they'd have to see me to decide.

Medically I am going to live out my  life with massive pain, and either do nothing or take hard drugs!

Hard drugs are not my choice.

The vertebrae that need attention are at the very worst spot in the cervical section.  Many folks lose their lives while

undergoing the surgery to fuse at that spot.

The only possible help will be to cut off the nerve end.

Now I wait until I hear from the "Dr. that might be able to help me".

I'm slowly loosing the use of my dominant hand, and now the same seems to be starting on the other hand.

I find myself dozing off, mere minutes of waking.

Just doing all kinds of odd things.

I'm scared, depressed, discouraged and praying hard.

I don't see much sewing in my future, nor crafting, nor bead making.

Not a whole lot of other things I can do without at least decent use of both hands.

My goal right now is to get a few special projects finished, which are started.

Please pray for me.

Hugs and God Bless to all,

Rita

Hey Rita. Zeke here. I had my c-5 to 7 fused back in 96. I still have a lot of rotation left to right. I can almost go 90 degrees either way. Yours must be a little farther up the spine. The man that did me was a magician, because I have severe authritus from my c7 to the base of my skull. There is no grinding in my neck, smooth as glass. The docs name is George pashetie. I do believe that he operates out of Sutter health in south Sacramento, ca. He was at Kaiser when he did me. Good luck and God speed my dear.

Keep looking for a doctor. My husband just had surgery on c5-6 last week because of arthritis and stenosis. He was having constant pain and numbness in his arms. He is doing very well post op and has had great relief from the surgery. His doctor is a neurosurgeon in Oklahoma. We had talked to several doctors till we found him and so glad we kept looking. This is my husbands third surgery with this doctor. He has had other back surgeries because of the arthritis and stenosis. Will pray you find relief.

Rita:

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a fix to your situation.  Just remember miracles do happen, you just have to ask for assistance.  

Please remember that the best surgeon or doctor in your situation may be across the state or even across the country.  Do your research online, and do not be afraid to send your medical records to a doctor out of state for review.  A friend of mine instead of having surgery in Florida had it done in Minnesota.  That is the where he found the doctors and hospital that had the best post surgical results.  While he had to fly up there and spend a week in town, it was worth it to him to have best hope for a complete recovery.

God Bless, and may you soon find relief.

Cagey

Rita:

The world truly is small at times.  If you wish, you may share a little more specifics of your illness, while maintaining your privacy at the same time.  Many us may have faced similar situations with family or friends.  All information that could be shared with you.  Just a simple way to narrow down your search a little to find a source for your pain relief.  

It does work.  A friend of mine was told to basically go home and die after visiting his doctor about his heart issue.  Another worker suggested he contact this young risk taking doctor, who decided that he would undertake the risky surgery.  Eight years later he is alive and well, and about 5-10 other people from across the company have used this surgeon to have their risky heart conditions fixed.  Knowledge is power.

Until then, keeping your in my thoughts and prayers.  May you have a pain free Christmas and New Year celebration.  Best of luck, and balanced threads.

Cagey

Archived