Mary Beth

Your Favorite Piece of Equipment in your Studio

Besides your machine, what is your favorite piece of equipment/furniture, etc. As you know I am getting ready to set up my studio, again. Some things have changed, one being, we now have Ikea. Yay!!!!! It has been here for about 2 years, and I have avoided going there until now. There are two items there that I think will be very handy. 

post-391-0-73966600-1453555644_thumb.jpg

post-391-0-42500300-1453555664_thumb.jpg

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/

My favorite "accessory" to my Lenni is my saddle stool! From www.bizchair.com, I can sit while working from both the front of the machine and the back. Since I can't stand for hour at a time, my stool is essential! The only thing I usually stand for is when I need to SID.

Sharon

MB,  Im with Sharon on this. I can NOT do without my saddle stool.  I think knowing you and your back, etc....you HAVE to have one of these, without a SHADOW of a doubt!!!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Besides my stool as I don't stand anymore to quilt, I bought a car jack that use to tweak the level of my frame; super handy.  My house is nearly 100 years old, my floors can be a little shifty.

BTW, I like that tray Mary Beth.  I have something similar.... I use it all the time.

We have two of the Alex cabinets from Ikea.  You can get 9 or 10 cones of Superior thread wide and 3 or 4 deep in each drawer depending on what you use for dividers.  The Glide cones only fit in the taller drawers  so we actually have our Glide in a different cabinet.  If you leave the casters off the cabinets will slide under your table.  We left the casters off one and stacked it on top of the other with a bobbin winder on top.  The Hartley Base and rulers are in the bottom drawer. 

Our 3 favourite things in the studio 6'X4' cutting table with batting storage (was a custom built gift from Brenda's former employer), overhead lights (manquilter design), air compressor. 

Nigel

Brenda Wells - Green Millie. Sold November 2017
Nigel Wells - Ultimate 1 with Intellistitch & IQ.  Sold January 2019

The cabinets that hold my thread that my husband repurposed and or made.  The first one he made, the second was a "closet organizer" in our house when we moved in.  The 3rd set was made by my darling father in law for his mother in laws house.  When the house was sold, the shelves came out and to me.  I'm so luckY!

Beth Durand

Elizabeth Originals Custom Quilting

www.eocquilting.com

beth@eocquilting.com

2006 APQS Millenium

Authorized APQS Dealer

The cabinets that hold my thread that my husband repurposed and or made.  The first one he made, the second was a "closet organizer" in our house when we moved in.  The 3rd set was made by my darling father in law for his mother in laws house.  When the house was sold, the shelves came out and to me.  I'm so luckY!

You are very lucky. I remember something about your cabinets from my visit, what was that 73 years ago  :D

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

I still have my air compressor, a cute little red one. Love it. I have already told my husband I am taking it back  :)

I already have plans for a saddle stool. I know it is a must. 

I like the idea of the Alex cabinets. I saved a pictures from Pintrest:

post-391-0-47819600-1453566668_thumb.jpg

I have a plan for a cutting table. The old one I have is one of those tables from JoAnns. I keep finding screws in the floor and it wobbles more and more. I am planning to put the screws back in and list it for a dandy price on Craigslist. 

I have sketched out an idea for a table for my DH....he said it looks good, but he hasn't jumped on it yet. Really, a table would be in the way of getting the machine in, so I can wait a week or two  :D

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

I am 5'-11" tall, so most surfaces for normal women do not work well for me. I am abnormal, or Abby Normal, as I like to think. 

post-391-0-42861400-1453570314_thumb.gif

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

I love my Horn Comb Cabinet.  It's almost trippled in price since I purchased mine.  It has an extension on the back for quilting....a side arm for my serger or I put a small pressing pad there.

Bernina%20and%20Horn%20Cabinet.jpg

Someday....Someday!!

Mary Beth