My Most Recent Quilt - And It's Mine!

Here are some pictures of a quilt that I just finished quilting.  This was an embroidery block of the month project that I participated in at my local quilt shop last summer and had such a fun time with it.  I didn't have time to quilt it until now because of such a backlog of customer quilts.  But I had a small window of time in between projects and I had spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to quilt it so when I could squeeze it in my schedule, I was ready to go.

I used two layers of batting, Dream Blend 70/30 and Dream Wool.  I used Glide thread for my feathers and Bottomline for all of my background quilting and the bobbin thread.

post-4383-0-80510900-1453747174_thumb.jpg

post-4383-0-13331900-1453747209_thumb.jpg

post-4383-0-04577900-1453747297_thumb.jpg

post-4383-0-32913800-1453747323_thumb.jpg

post-4383-0-20965800-1453830913_thumb.jpg

Thank you for all of your kind words.  I had so much fun making and quilting this one!  I had never tried quilting one of the background grid designs but have wanted to ever since I took one of Deloa Jones' class on this.  I decided now was the time to try it on one of my own before I have a customer that would like that on their quilt.  I loved doing it and am going to do more of it in the future with assorted designs.   :wub:

Okay, well now I have to have that embroidery CD, too.  I'm trying get control of my buying this year, but alas it is not to be!  That is an adorable quilt.  Love your quilting, too.  The feathers are nummy!  They are making so many neat machine embroidery cd's now.  I have done Gingerbread Houses from Crabapple Hill, and Hop to It from Edyta Star.  And I have the embroidery done on Deck the Halls by Claudia's Creations but haven't had time to piece the quilt part.  So many fun ones, so little time!

It takes me forever to decide what to quilt when I do custom work, that's why I am the "Panto Queen", but when I get this one ready to quilt I can just look at yours!  (and then I'll remember that I'm not in the same league as far as quilting ability goes!) 

Robin

Okay, well now I have to have that embroidery CD, too.  I'm trying get control of my buying this year, but alas it is not to be!  That is an adorable quilt.  Love your quilting, too.  The feathers are nummy!  They are making so many neat machine embroidery cd's now.  I have done Gingerbread Houses from Crabapple Hill, and Hop to It from Edyta Star.  And I have the embroidery done on Deck the Halls by Claudia's Creations but haven't had time to piece the quilt part.  So many fun ones, so little time!

It takes me forever to decide what to quilt when I do custom work, that's why I am the "Panto Queen", but when I get this one ready to quilt I can just look at yours!  (and then I'll remember that I'm not in the same league as far as quilting ability goes!) 

Robin

Robin, I know just what you mean about neat embroidery cd's!  I am about 1/2 done with the embroidery on Deck the Halls by Claudia's Creations.  I need to get back on that one............in my spare time!   :P   I will be watching for your pictures when you get yours quilted!   ;)

Archived