Quilt Glide question

I'm noticing that I prefer NOT to use Quilt Glide lately - as my top tension stitches just kind of sits on the fabric rather than sink in.  When I switch it to regular mode and quilt my tiny areas, the stitches look better.   That being said, the stitches are super tiny and that is a nightmare if I need to pick it out...which I did.   :P

Any tips on this?   I prefer to use Quilt Glide because the hopping foot doesn't bounce my fabric as quickly, I can slow down a bit, etc - I"m having a hard time focusing at times in unregulated mode (I'm doing tiny triangles and 2'' squares)  

Thanks....

I have the opposite problem...my tension is often bad on the back when in non regulated mode. I almost always use my quilt glide on the lowest setting for micro work. It is very distracting for me to use just regulated mode alone without quilt glide for doing small fills. I have not figured out why the tension problems happen in non regulated mode, when they are fine in regulated. The tiny stitches are only a problem if you slow way down below your quilt glide setting. I think like anything else, it takes practice. It also sounds like your top tension is too tight.

Thank Lynn - yes,  I loosen the top tension - and if I was to switch back to regular mode, the tension is wayyyyy too loose.  I guess I just have to fiddle with it regularly,  not set it and go like I thought?  

If you are in non regulated mode, have you turned OFF your quilt glide? I know that sneaks on me sometimes!

While my comments don't deal specifically with quilt glide, I would remind everyone that as your stitches per inch increase, so does you top tension.  The same tension setting at 6 stitches per inch is WAY looser than it is at 16 spi.  So if you significantly change stitch count, you'll need to adjust tension.  Jim

Archived