Freedom

I am on the edge of my chair. I have saved so many quilting ideas from Pintrest. Now I can finally put them into action. I have been bookmarking all the longarm quilting supply pages.....again. I ordered the Red Snappers, and now the company keeps wanting me to post a review. There is no way to say, I don't have a machine, I just like the color red!!  Anyway, I am ready. I have thread. I am going this weekend to get a bolt of muslin....and I just got a call....I am going to the Missouri Star Quilt Store tomorrow....Whew-Hoo!!!

Missouri Quilt store. Lucky girl. I live in Michigan. Jenny Doan was in our area a few months back and I went to the trunk show. She's is awesome. I love her bi-monthly books too. I hope to do a field trip and shop at her store soon. Have fun and try to pace yourself. Lol (not possible I know!)

Missouri Quilt store. Lucky girl. I live in Michigan. Jenny Doan was in our area a few months back and I went to the trunk show. She's is awesome. I love her bi-monthly books too. I hope to do a field trip and shop at her store soon. Have fun and try to pace yourself. Lol (not possible I know!)

I SURVIVED!!! Whew! What a trip. While I was there wondering from one store to another, viewing florals, childrens, NFL prints, solids, batiks, each in their own store, on on their own floor, (I thought I had a lot of fabric!), I decided to focus on my new grandbaby - still in the oven. So after browsing through every store, I went back to the first one to buy the fabrics I wanted for the baby quilt. I did not see Jenny Doan there, not today. There was a quilt retreat going on. It is crazy. A woman was walking toward us on the sidewalk in her jammies and a bath robe. I was a little embarrassed for her. But evidently, it is encouraged. Go shopping in your jammies. I would have to build up to that one, I think. Very few bolts have prices on them, and there are no signs telling you the prices. I hated that. A friend that went with me, not a quilter and she just lost her husband so I think money is tight. She bought 2 pieces of fabric, and it was $45, she was in shock. I felt so bad for her. I asked a clerk about it and she said, "Oh, they aren't marked, are they." Then she started pointing all over the place and saying prices. I glazed over and said, "Uh, ok." She said just ask if you have questions, they are happy to help. Another clerk talked to me and asked my favorite fabric, I said all of them and that is what gets me in trouble :)  Then told her my life as a quilter and my future. She begged for my business card. Said they are 9 months out on quilting and if I left my card, she knew I would get the business. That was tempting. I don't want to go into business, but that made my eyes light up  :blink:

9 months out on quilting down there eh?....geeze...

Lincoln SUX for longarmers. Either you live OUTSIDE edges near small towns, and want to drive to them to get the biz...or forget it.

I forgot it 5 years ago!

I now only quilt for a limited amount of people, and I LIKE it that way now!!!

At times, I wish It were a more demanding area....but, then again...I DONT DO PANTO'S...I'm a front end, design my own kinda gal, so I guess all was meant to be.

Well MB....Maybe ordering a computer is in your future....for a stay at home worker again!!!

That place sounds like a quilters dream except the pricing thing! I like to know how much before I purchase something. Shopping in your Jammie's would be hard too unless she had a retreat building I was staying at and needed fabric. Even then, I think I would change my clothes. Sounds like it was worth the trip to see. Glad you had a good time. Congratulations on the grand baby. Nothing better than sewing for a new little one in-between making quilts.

No prices on the bolts?   Guess I would not be comfortable shopping there.  Like to know what I am paying before it is cut.   Use local quilt stores some; but also, shop on the internet.   Having a DH that really should not be left home alone has made me use the internet more and find that I can find many good buys there.  When I need to match something, then I go to one of our quilt shops which are within 20-25 miles and  there are 4 great ones.   Love the stores, but age and responsibilities have limited my going.  Am so grateful for the shopping  on the internet.   

And love this site for information and just to see what others are doing.

And Mary Beth, so glad to see you back' have missed reading you posts.

Marilyn 

Below is a post I made under How to Use this Forum, 

Okay, I was just testing this out since so many posted that they did not like using the forum because they could not figure out the picture posting thing. Here it iis:

1. in the box below your message select Choose File. Your Picture file from your computer should pop up. 

2 Once you have selected the file you want, click open to send it to this message. 

3. Select Attach This File

4. When your picture come up, select Add Reply

Archived