Motor "Blew" on Motorized Feed

I was working on a quilt today on my Millennium and when I flipped the hand switch (not the foot pedal) to advance the quilt, it made a pop sound like a fuse blowing, sparked, and no longer worked with the hand switch or foot pedal.  I went to the forum and saw a suggestion to unscrew the black cap and replace the fuse.  Under the black cap, however, was a motor brush (I looked it up online) a little spring with a little piece of metal at either end.  There was no fuse.  I am not really sure I put that back correctly.  It was hard to compress the spring.  I also tried unplugging the motor from the surge protector I had it plugged in and plugging it directly into the outlet.  It still doesn't work.

I looked up the model of Dayton motor online and didn't see fuses in the replacement parts.  What do I need to do?  Is it under warranty like the machine?

I'm on a tight time frame to complete this quilt as a gift for a friend.  HELP!!

Cindy $

What you described sounds more like a short than a blown fuse. Worn brushes would be more likely to cause the fabric advance to work inconsistently.

Send an email to service@apqs.com. And yes, if your machine is under warranty, the fabric advance will likely be covered also.

Archived