Is my room going to work?

Can anyone tell me if using a closet for the end of my longarm frame is a good idea? The closet is 28 inches deep and the opening without doors is 5 ft. 9". I would be just able to squeeze around other end of frame to back. There would be plenty of space in front but tight in closet area. Back would have 2 ft. Of space. Can anyone tell me if they think this will work? I really want a longarm but that's my only option. Nothing else will share the space. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated..I am a newbie,,1st post.

Us Quilters always seem to find a way to make it work when space is limited. My last house had smaller rooms, but I was able to fit my longarm in one of the rooms. The machine was wall to wall and I had to crawl under it to get to the other side.

I could only get around one end for 9 years, and like Cathy I had about 2 feet behind the machine and on the open side  to maneuver.    The question is to figure out which end goes in the closet,  you will need access to the brake and auto-feed motor (mine loosens up some times).  However, it's doable, quilter's can figure out any situation.

This isn't always possible, my Lenni fits into the closet area, which is now an alcove.

Ye we did a bit of remodeling,  and the closet space was deep enough that Himself

made thread racks and put a wall mount tv in there.

It works great.

It would work better if I could go around both ends, and reduce the pain from walking.

Oh, Lenni also sits at a slight angle.

I actually took the closet out of my sewing room and put up a big design wall. I love it and it is much more comfortable , I don't feel like I am squeezed into the space. My hubby said not to worry about the room not having a closet. If the next buyers want one they can put one in themselves.

Kia

For many years, I could only go around one side of my machine.  That worked out just fine.  Now I have lots of space and still have one end of the machine up to the wall.  I could move it and walk around the machine on both sides but am so used to going around on one side that I stayed with that.

Archived