Imaginary Day -Wall hanging

When I saw this quilt, I realized it gave me a chance to try some the beautiful designs I've seen in other quilts.  I wanted to find a way to divide each block and my customer loved the results.  The double batting didn't work well with the paper used for the applique covering the entire back.  So Fine and Bottom Line thread.

24489483063_1a08a8a255.jpgImaginary Day 028 by Libby G, on Flickr

24820708570_09fc6bfbf9.jpgImaginary Day 037 by Libby G, on Flickr

25116332365_115d1fd8a6.jpgImaginary Day 045 by Libby G, on Flickr

24485685154_31d6702ca9.jpgImaginary Day 035 by Libby G, on Flickr

25023079271_a0bae07e23.jpgImaginary Day 033 by Libby G, on Flickr

24748663929_d8d1c26110.jpgImaginary Day 032 by Libby G, on Flickr

Libby this is outstanding! You do such a good job and it amazes me at how beautiful the quilting is on these quilts. How long have you been quilting with an APQS machine? I am still having trouble quilting with my machine. It feels like there is some vibration when I am quilting but the dealer that gave me a lessen told it was fine. So I keep practicing.

Shelia,

I bought my machine in September of 2009.  I've taken classes, drawn on paper, and bought books and DVDs.  I have a ton of quilting facebook friends and I save designs I like.  I've also drawn inspiration from this forum, because everyone is so helpful.

If you're having vibration issues, it may be because your quilt top is too tight.  You should be able to push your finger up from the bottom and grab up to the first knuckle.  That's what I was told.

Thank you for the wonderful comments.  It's always nice to get feedback from other quilters.

Thank you for the finger tip, I will certainly try that. If I could have afforded it I would have purchased the bliss table but not in my budget. I will keep practicing and I do read a lot of good ideas and tips on here. I have been doodling too. I also save pictures from Pinterest, that I like. You have been very helpful and I thank you.

Archived