Orbital View done!

Hi all!  Thought you would enjoy seeing this one.  This quilt belongs to a customer.  She did a fantastic piecing job on this huge110 inch sq. top!  Lovely gradient fabrics in great colors.  I did not want to give this one back!!!!  I told her I would quilt all her quilts for free for the next 5 years in exchange!  I could only work on it for about 3-4 hours at a time before my hands would cramp from all the small pebbles, so it was on the machine for a long time.  I can't take credit for the quilting design as this is how it appeared (as best as I could see) on the pattern jacket.  It's called, "Orbital View", by Mary Lou Hallenbeck.

post-733-0-30063900-1458924315_thumb.png

post-733-0-29748800-1458924076_thumb.png

Hi Sherri,

I used a medium to light gray bottom line thread. I thought about changing thread, but then you would have to bubble to the edges of the squares. The fabrics were all gradients and the circle was reversed light to dark in the square. So with that, you would probably have to go with a medium color which would have probably shown as much in the light area as the gray. That's why I stuck with the one color. Also, it was 110 inches square! I think it would have been on the machine over a month if I had to change for every square!

Thanks to all for the kind reviews! I thought it was a unique quilt and hoped you would enjoy seeing something so different! My customer is awesome at piecing and does some stunning quilts. I love working on every one of them!

Archived