First time stitching on Silk,... wasn't too bad,....

My customer said she wanted feathers,..... 

the challenge was not being able to mark the spines,....

so I cut out the shape from paper and just laid on the quilt top,,,

when I started stitching,... I would move paper and stitch in design,... 

worked well,.... and placement was pretty good,..... 

Used silk batting too....  Cotton backing,....

and Glide thread,.... 

post-1299-0-86917200-1459377188_thumb.jpgpost-1299-0-59665300-1459377200_thumb.jpgpost-1299-0-85283300-1459377214_thumb.jpgpost-1299-0-41656100-1459377226_thumb.jpg

Laura Farnham
APQS Rep, Colorado
Sales ~ Service~ Education

www.whisperstitchstudio.com

719~510~0599

laurathelongarmer@gmail.com

Whisper Stitch Studio, LLC

every quilt tells a story.......

.....you just have to listen

Beautiful!!1 But I think I like the back best! Looks like a whole clothe. The silk colors on the front are awesome and so bright! Feathers re PURRRRRRFECT!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

WOWZA girl! LOVE it, and the gold backing/thread?!!!!!  What color of gold glide was that? I was seeing if the backing was one of the same colors in the quilt top, and it looks like it is to me from the pics.  The more GOLDEN gold, not the yellow gold. correct?

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Hi all,... 

Have been away from the computer for a while,... 

Thanks for all your kind comments,....

I did not mark this quilt as the customer said,.. no Marking,....

Not sure how chalk would work,...  will have to try it out and see what happens,....

Sherri,... I actually used Glide!  Split Pea,..... It is one of my go to threads,....

and I used Light Tan Magna Classic in the Bobbin....

Customer loved it,..... 

Laura Farnham
APQS Rep, Colorado
Sales ~ Service~ Education

www.whisperstitchstudio.com

719~510~0599

laurathelongarmer@gmail.com

Whisper Stitch Studio, LLC

every quilt tells a story.......

.....you just have to listen